First Sss.com Post From The Truckpc!

perk03z06

So ... been searching for different ways to get the internet deployed the the truck computer without getting raked over the coals ...

Best I could find was like 40 or 50 clams a month AND I had to buy add'l hardware. (PCMCIA card @ $180)

So ... I started digging around on my PDA phone & found that it has a CDMA modem ... so I played with it & got it working from my office computer ... for only a few hours ... VZW prolly shut me off when they saw I wasn't paying for the access yet ...

So ... only 15 clams a month to access their cellular broadband network, and I can use my PDA phone as the interface device ...

So ... here is my first official post to the SS forum sitting in the front seat of my SS. :thumbs:

Can't wait to use this more ... :seeya:

So ... been searching for different ways to get the internet deployed the the truck computer without getting raked over the coals ...

Best I could find was like 40 or 50 clams a month AND I had to buy add'l hardware. (PCMCIA card @ $180)

So ... I started digging around on my PDA phone & found that it has a CDMA modem ... so I played with it & got it working from my office computer ... for only a few hours ... VZW prolly shut me off when they saw I wasn't paying for the access yet ...

So ... only 15 clams a month to access their cellular broadband network, and I can use my PDA phone as the interface device ...

So ... here is my first official post to the SS forum sitting in the front seat of my SS. :thumbs:

Can't wait to use this more ... :seeya:

Dude thats F-ing awesome man, i want one :thumbs::D

-Rob

• 9 months later...

what kind of screen do you have? I would like to know more about your setup.. a lot more! Like how you hook it up to your phone, will it work with a blackberry curve, where did you get the piece to fit around the screen...

Thats awesome- did you know theres a computer program with an external box you can buy from best buy and if you have satellite TV at home you can plug it in to your PC and tuner box and route it through your cellphone and be able to watch TV when youre driving. You get all the channels you do at home, a guy I worked with had it on his phone so we could watch TV on the computer at work. You would have the ultimate setup with that!!

thats called "Slingbox" i just started looking into those not too long ago but they have been out for two years! They arent expensive at all for what they can do.. i wonder why they arent more popular.... its a lot cheaper than the directtv reciever for cars i think those are around 2k