Finally

CNE

Those are great but I sense a problem somewhere. I run that in the 1/8 and I have the same 60's without a cam? Just a thought. Great times otherwise! :thumbs:

Yeah I ran a 9.07 with a 1.98 60 with the stock cam, TB converter and stock tune. There is definately more there, we just have to fine tune it. My problem is, I can't get the tuner to meet me at the track to log some runs and adjust. When we first tuned it, he told me he would do that, but that's been several months ago. He doesn't have a 4wd dyno so he only street tuned it. I have really thought about biting the bullet and getting somebody else to tune it for me. I just hate to spend another $400 when I've already paid for it once.

Yeah I ran a 9.07 with a 1.98 60 with the stock cam, TB converter and stock tune. There is definately more there, we just have to fine tune it. My problem is, I can't get the tuner to meet me at the track to log some runs and adjust. When we first tuned it, he told me he would do that, but that's been several months ago. He doesn't have a 4wd dyno so he only street tuned it. I have really thought about biting the bullet and getting somebody else to tune it for me. I just hate to spend another $400 when I've already paid for it once.

Ask your tuner just to send you your file in an email. You won't be able to open the attachment but you can then send it to someone like zippy or some of the other more race-minded tuners here and they can fix it up for you. It definitely shouldn't cost you anywhere near $400 again. That's kind of high to begin with IMO. I would help you out but I don't know how to tune for a cam. Sorry. Good luck...There are several ohter tuners around that I'm sure would love to help you. :thumbs:

with my cam only swap, I have seen a drop in my 60" and an increase in my trap speed. :wtf:

I am still hoping to get a better time.

My 60 dropped with my cam but the trap speed picked up. My cam pulls hard from about 3500 up so I put a 3200 stall in and my 60 came back. I was dissappointed in the performance of the Yank versus the TB converter though. For $945, I expected more of an improvement. My ET actually didn't change because the trap speed dropped back to where it had been before. I ran a 9.07 with a 1.98 60ft with stock cam and stock tune with a TB converter. Now over $2,000 in mods later, I ran a 8.88 and had to remove the tailgate and ice the air intake tube to get that. I'm convinced I have tuning issues. Also the converter doesn't lock like it should on the highway so I don't know if that is an issue at the track. My tuner said he didn't program it to lock at WOT because of the weight of the truck, he thought it would hurt the ET.

dude, same boat. I am thinking about a stall b/c I cant get my tbtc to flash high enough...but with a tighter TC just eat some MPH???then I am at the same ET...thats why I am lobbying my wife for a turbo.

A turbo or a super charger will pick you up for sure but there is no reason a NA motor with the right tuning and a cam can't produce mid to low 13 second times regularly.

dude, same boat. I am thinking about a stall b/c I cant get my tbtc to flash high enough...but with a tighter TC just eat some MPH???then I am at the same ET...thats why I am lobbying my wife for a turbo.

I wish your converter hadn't tightened up as much as it did. When we put it in there it brake stalled to well over 2k without even pushing it. Now it pushes the truck at under 2k. I think there is quite a bit left in yours once you get that fixed.

I wish your converter hadn't tightened up as much as it did. When we put it in there it brake stalled to well over 2k without even pushing it. Now it pushes the truck at under 2k. I think there is quite a bit left in yours once you get that fixed.

Do you think I should stay with the TBTC and try to get it fixed? or get a new one?

I have been taking a beating from my friends...they call it the slow cam, ****ers:)

A guy has a used YANK 3000, he said it would need flushing and a once over since it was in a blown trans, would that be better/same as getting a different TBTC?

I have been meaning to call you Zippy, the truck is running alot better after you last tuned it, no stalling! The CEL is off, it might pop on but it is not on like it was before, the throttle response to great. I went to milan and tried to launch both w/brake and flashing and got about the same time...but the time was faster than my PB, just not by much! It was alot colder and had a bunch of cool down time and the 60's were stuck.