Anyone Know Anything About This Filter?

Evilss

I've been in the market for a CAI. While checking prices I ran into this.

http://www.performancecenter.com/product.p...lverado+Ss/6.0L

I've been searchin thru the forum the past 3-4 days and have yet to see them mentioned, or maybe I've just been using the wrong search words :banghead: . Anyways, I was curious if anyone has used it and if its worth the extra $$$. I've found a volant kit for about $260 w/o the powercore filter and this ones roughly $300 w/ the filter.

Any input would be appreciated :cheers:

-Matt

Outlaw > Volant. Outlaw has the same HP gains, has thicker plastic than Volant, looks cooler, and has a dry filter. No more nasty oily MAF and TB cleanups!

Agreed. Not to mention that "powercore" is nothing more than volants fancy pants term for a foam filter... last I checked foam offered no discernable advantage over wiremesh/cotton gauze style filter thats more common. Outlaw did mention they were going to offer a foam element eventually just to have the option but I don't know what came of it.

Good info guys :cheers:

Like I said in the first post, I was just checking prices on some CAI and ran into that filter. Didn't know what it was so I thought I would ask.

After looking at the dyno comparisons of the different CAI it does seem that for the money the Outlaw is the best. I also like the fact that they designed them on our trucks :thumbs:

The best prices I've seen so far on the Outlaw CAI is $250, now would that be with the dry filter or do I have to order that seperate? :confused: If I do, roughly how much is the dry filter? I should probably just call Outlaw or Tbyrne sometime this week when I get a chance but if anyone can give me a heads up on pricing I would greatly appreciate it.

Once again thanks for the info guys :thumbs:

-Matt