Silicone Removal

i assume you are taking the moulding off and the double sided foam tape is what you are pulling off. if so this is what i did

i took my moulding off a couple of months ago. i first started to use my fingers and pushing towards the door and along the glue. it works pretty good if you don't mind blisters and don't want to use chemicals. then after i go to many blister to keep going i used some varsal using it in circles and it bunched up the glue pretty good. i don't know if it was the best idea but i did get it off. the only thing that i did notice is when i went to wash the truck it was holding the water there (beading i guess) i don't know if that was from the paint never beoing exposed to water or the varsalhaving an effect on it. maybe someone could shed light on that part. so yea. i hope that helps.

here are some pics of afterwards (sorry if they arn't good)

Picture104.jpg

Picture101.jpg

Simple Green is good at getting the sticky stuff off, I would try that first....do not dilute it, use it concentrated. You can also try a good tar remover, even alcohol based window cleaner works well with sticky stuff too. :chevy:

yeah i got the glue off but on the drivers side some of the silicone stayed on and the heat gun didnt do much to it i used goo off to get most of it of but some is still on. any ideas on the silicone? not the glue but thabks for the ideas anyways

for the double sided tape the heat gun works real good but for the residue left over goo gone works really good onthe tape and on the silliconre thats left over

try a 3m pin stripe remover, goes on your electric drill, looks like a rubber eraser, works great, they also make a general purpose adhesive remover part # 08984