What Addco Rear Bar To Get?

detjoe

ok, I am gonna do my front bushings on the sway bar...you know since I truckcross so much :crackup:

I have found different ADDCO bars for the rear and dont know which one I want. Can someone help??

I see the have both 1" for the tahoe and 1 1/8 for the avlanch. I dont think it will matter the thickness, but I want the kit with the mounting bits.

I was almost thinking about not installing this stuff till I cross next time, then inbetween runs throw them on and see how much time I take off a run...too bad the season is over:( maybe a rallycross :devil:

total memory loss here, but i am bout 95% sure its the part number #631. also i will say, get some REAL bushings and end links with it. I just replaced mine with Energy Suspension part numbers and couldnt believe the difference they made. when you look at the energy website, the endlinks are the 3 9/16ths long ones and the bushings are the 1 inch hole ones. give me a min and i will get you part numbers.

yes the sway bar is stock number 631 according to there site.

energy suspension part numbers for endlinks for this kit are 9.8124 and replacement bushings are 9.5161. add a g at the end for black bushings or an r for red ones.

hope this helps. and just so you know, its really not a throw it on in the pits type install. actually it can be a bitch. i would maybe throw it on at home and find an easy way to take it off and see what you can do from there. once you have done one, they are easy, but the printed instructions suck ass....

like this.

thanks

with as many bikes that put fluids on the track last time I was out, I might have time.

What do you think is the PITA part of the install??

thanks man you were on it for me, I can sleep tonight:)

probably the hardest part was the crappy instructions. if you need pics i can send them to you. otherwise holding all the shit together while holding it up above your head, it was worth the cuss words, but an extra hand will help wonders.

I order the rears, now I am looking for a 200ft circle to do some before and after test so that I can bring some hard numbers back. Will post results :driving:

how fast can I get around the circle, I should do both CCW and CW.

probably the hardest part was the crappy instructions. if you need pics i can send them to you. otherwise holding all the shit together while holding it up above your head, it was worth the cuss words, but an extra hand will help wonders.

Huh? Maybe they changed the instructions since I did mine, but my install was about a half hour with no cussing or troubles... :confused:

yea, I saw the picture and it seems real easy. I just want to try a DIY skidpad test so I can show how much better it is.

I found a place that is 3 hours away that will let you use theirs for free, too far.

I will find a praking lot

yea, I saw the picture and it seems real easy. I just want to try a DIY skidpad test so I can show how much better it is.

I found a place that is 3 hours away that will let you use theirs for free, too far.

I will find a praking lot

The first trip through my favorite entrance ramp told me it was working! :driving:

got them on but its danm close to the exhaust and spare??? how much space do you have on yours???

I bent the hanger outof the way a bit, but the spare is in the way. Will it hurt the function if the tire is hitting the sway bar?

got them on but its danm close to the exhaust and spare??? how much space do you have on yours???

I bent the hanger outof the way a bit, but the spare is in the way. Will it hurt the function if the tire is hitting the sway bar?

I have my spare moved as far forward as I could and it doesn't touch. I had to do this for the BSER pan anyway, so perhaps that's the reason mine fits without touching.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

for some reason mine looks lower on the differential than yours. I do not have my spare on my truck as its dead weight with my big brakes on there anyway. make sure your ends of the bar are parallel to the frame for the truck. ( i am sure you know this ) that might give you a little more clearence around that spare. just a thought. OH and clean/paint that diff cover! :jester:

• 3 months later...