2003 Victory Red Silverado Ss Considering Selling

adams2003

Well guys, I hate to say it but I am seriously thinking about selling my 2003 Victory Red SS. At this point im just gauging interest, because I am still a few weeks from it actually running and I havn’t decided 100% yet if I am going to sell. I really didn't think I would ever sell it, especially with the new motor I am putting in it. Delay after delay after delay on my engine situation has played a big part of me considering selling. Im just about (or possibly already there) to the point where im ready to move onto a new project. I have also found something I am much more interested in using the money towards. Like I said in the title I have almost $75,000.00 invested in the truck and $30,485.00 of it is aftermarket parts. Truck has 33,000 miles on it. Should be in the 11's on all motor (or very damn close) and easily 10's on nitrous. The truck Blue books for $23,500…..If I do sell asking price would probably be around 45k considering the shape this truck is in and also almost all of the parts are new. Here is a breakdown of what I have spent on everything

Performance mods

-454ci LSX

-11.0:1 CR

-Custom CP Pistons

-Callies Crank and rods

- Ported LS7 heads and a ported LS7 Intake

-Harland Sharp LS7 rocker arms

-A little over $11,000 invested in just the motor. Should be about 680 - 700fwhp, it was also built for a 250 shot of nitrous

-Keep in mind the motor has not been installed yet so it will be brand new

-Toy Shop Fully built transmission with 3,000 miles on it (in perfect condition), has a billet output shaft, brand new 3200 stall 10.5" vigilante converter (same exact transmission as 04chases new tranny) $3,500 invested including the converter

-Exhaust system- Pacesetter long tubes, 3" all the way back with no cats, dual electric cutouts $1,300 invested

-Outlaw intake $250

-Biggest tranny cooler available $150

-ASP Crank Pulley $200

-LS7 Mass air flow sensor $350

-Ported and polished ls7 throttle body $350

-Melling oil pump $100

-Flexalite 282 fans with nelson wiring controller $400

-Custom braided brake lines $110

-Hawk Brake pads $120

-HP Tuners (included with the truck) $650

-Custom dyno tune by cunningham motorsports (will be tuned by them once motor is installed) $500

-Walbro fuel pump $100

-60lb siemen deca fuel injectors flow matched $450

-Custom Valve covers that hide the coils completely. Painted victory red and laser etched “Chevrolet 454 SS” in them (pics coming soon) $700

-Victory red painted fuel rails $100

-NBS water pump $150

-Polished water pump, alternator bracket, idler pulley bracket etc. $420

-Smoothed and painted jet black, intake manifold, intake tube, intake box, battery box, pcm cover and brackets. Looks awesome….pics also coming soon…$250

-18" Polished Centerline wheels with nitto drag radials (strictly for drag racing) $2,000 Used 3 times

-All performance parts are brand new except for the tranny (3,000 miles and the exhaust has about 5,000 miles on it)

-TOTAL SPENT ON PERFORMANCE PARTS ETC. $23,150.00

Exterior Mods List

-American Eagle 026 22" rims and Toyo Proxes tires (two of the rims/tires have 300 miles on them) $2,100

-BSER Roll Pan $300 and $400 to paint and mount totalling $700

-Chrome Liscense plate Holder with light $60

-Custom plate $45

-04Chase smoked taillights and smoked third taillight $100

-Wolfliner bedliner $450 (same as line x)

-Gemtop Bedcover (flush mount) $700 painted

-Chrome SS symbols $80

-Precisin liquid Upper Chrome grille ($250)

-Precision liquid bumper grille $100

-Diamond back headlights $300

-Clear bumper lights $50

-Chromed bumper vents $200 (same as 04chase's)

-Tinted windows $120

-Chrome Bowtie $50

-06 classic silverado grille shell $380 painted

-06 classic silverado hood $450 plus $500 to paint totalling $950 on hood

-McGauphys drop kit $400

-Mcgauphys air bag helper kit plus air compresior and switch and guage $350

-Everything on the exterior is in great condition. Always washed and waxed on schedule. Always garaged

-Exterior Mod Total= $7,385.00

Total mods: $30,535.00 Probably could add another 5-10k to that total if I had someone else install everything.

This truck will truly be one of the baddest Silverado SS’s built to date. Let me know if you are interested and I will keep you in mind if and when I sell it. Most likely will now in 3 weeks or so if I am selling or not.

Edited by adams2003 (see edit history)

sorry to hear. but realistically you wont get 45k for it. well atleast from what i see not to many ppl want someone's else's project. if you returned it to stock then sold the parts and etc seperately you would get your motor back better.

keep truck if possible if not put it to stock and use motor in the next project

sorry to hear. but realistically you wont get 45k for it. well atleast from what i see not to many ppl want someone's else's project. if you returned it to stock then sold the parts and etc seperately you would get your motor back better.

keep truck if possible if not put it to stock and use motor in the next project

Quik is right,you have a great truck and would prosper better if sold as close to stock as possible and part out all the goodies you have collected and the lsx will sell seperatly if really needed.Good luck in you decision,great looking truck.

Quik is right,you have a great truck and would prosper better if sold as close to stock as possible and part out all the goodies you have collected and the lsx will sell seperatly if really needed.Good luck in you decision,great looking truck.

True.... but not always. You just have to wait and find the right buyer. Time will only tell if I actually end up selling it.

Edited by adams2003 (see edit history)

I would possibly be interested in the motor if you did end up parting her out. It's a shame you wnat to get rid of it but I know how you feel. I have become a little bored with mina aswell but it's just too damn good of a bracket racer that I can't fathom getting rid of it. Good luck with whatever you decide.