What Headers Should I Get?

ddgtomahawk

(I NEED HEADERS BAD MY TRUCK IS CHOKING) I have a 6.0 with .20 bore over Lunati .556 cam (lobe) i am looking at some hooker headers or OBX i have been warned that i need sparkplug covers to protect my spark plug wires can someone just recommend some high performance spark plug wires since i need to get those sooner or later i plan to run 3 inch stainless right from each header and go no cats please give me links if you have them

if you don't wanna worry about the spark plugs with obx, then i say pacesetter. or you can go with the big $ headers.

Several people have burned wires on their Pacesetters too. Just wrap the wires in multiple heat boots, or use tie wraps to tuck them away from the pipes, or get longer wires for the back two plugs to reroute them away from the pipes totally.

For the cost and quality difference, go with OBX longtubes (cost is about a wash with Pacesetters and OBX since you have to fab up intermediate pipes for Pacesetters and OBX are true bolt ins). I've had AS&M, Pacesetters, and OBX in my hand and like the OBX the best, so that's what I put on my truck. OBX are 2.5" collectors though, just FYI, so 3" duals would need a collector change/modification.

Hey ok well i like the sound of the obx but will 2.5 collecter limit me in the future? ( I am adding super charger N.O.S. and coming around 550 to 600 horses( is not the original engine) also i notice most 2.5 headers actually are stepped down to 2.5 so if I cut that step down off and weld 3 inch it sould be the same right?

Hey ok well i like the sound of the obx but will 2.5 collecter limit me in the future? ( I am adding super charger N.O.S. and coming around 550 to 600 horses( is not the original engine) also i notice most 2.5 headers actually are stepped down to 2.5 so if I cut that step down off and weld 3 inch it sould be the same right?

Yes, the 2.5 may hold you back in the future with SC and N20, so plan to cut off and rewed new colllectors on there. Not hard at all. In the meantime, bolt them in as sent and just modify the exhaust after you get the SC and N20. That way you don't have to worry about the torque loss of a dual 3" system until the SC gets on there.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

yeah im debating on this same thing right now... im goin back n forth over the pacesetters and obx... :banghead: theres pro's n con's either way u go... i just keep researchin but cant come to a decision yet... im interested to hear what u find out, and ur opinions that will lead u to ur decision

If you plan to modify your exhaust to the muffler anyway, save money on the headers and go with Pacesetters. Then you can use what you save to modify all the way back.

I have had Pacesetters now for going on 2yrs and they look just as good or better than the $800 ASMs did after only one year. I have 3" pipe all the way back to my muffler with cutouts just before the muffler - single flo~pro muffler, dual in/dual out.

Never used/seen the OBX, so not downing them.

I prefer coated dynatech's myself. Very high quality made header system. Yeah its a little pricey but you get what you pay for. Combined with Corsa Sport, it really sounds and performs very nicely. JMO

b

Forgot to mention that Dynatechs and Corsa are both true bolt on Mods.

Edited by BILLS04SS (see edit history)

I prefer coated dynatech's myself. Very high quality made header system. Yeah its a little pricey but you get what you pay for. Combined with Corsa Sport, it really sounds and performs very nicely. JMO

b

Forgot to mention that Dynatechs and Corsa are both true bolt on Mods.

well if you want dollar for dollar headers then get a custom set of KOOKS headers.......now thats a dime peice :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...