Going 427

sooo many ways to go. The heart is set on a built 427 with sheet metal intake direct port nos. I am looking more into it. Why go fast and do a bunch of mods when you could get a full on custom intake. When you are finished all the work trying to fit a fast you should be in the same $$$ ball park. I think I am gonna leave the nos off this time around though.

WCCH has made a SICK sheet metal intake for the LSx engines, specifically for big cubed motors...it wa son ebay an dI think if you search here, I started a thread on it...it was purty...but possibly not so streetable. Also look at 04chase setup as he might have some info for you with edelbrock intakes.

krambo... that makes two of us...

Go with rex and wcch, they are located in socal and I know them both... Rex and I hang out sometimes... both good guys...you also may want to contact Rex and Synergy motorsports... He is building a twin turbo lsx 438, Marks truck... hung out with him yesterday at Sema... his truck will have 1200hp to the wheels... AWD quad steer denali...

anyways... rex can build you a sick motor along with WCCH.... that is the set up i am going with, plus NOS and F/I...

Go with rex and wcch, they are located in socal and I know them both... Rex and I hang out sometimes... both good guys...you also may want to contact Rex and Synergy motorsports... He is building a twin turbo lsx 438, Marks truck... hung out with him yesterday at Sema... his truck will have 1200hp to the wheels... AWD quad steer denali...

That is one sick build. If it performs half as good as it looks, it will be insane. Not cheap by any means but in its own class altogether! :drool:

I am gonna contact both of those shops. Both have rock solid reps and are producing some good power. I am still in research mode. I want a daily driver so reliable and smooth are what I want. I would rather work with someone kinda close to me. Cali is a great place for me as it is not so far away. I am in Vegas now. I have a few questions. How streetable is a custom sheet metal intake with a 90mm or larger t-body. I am going to rossler the tranny. I am now thinking a lsx iron block they can hit 454 size with a nice high torque smooth flat power line. I want power under the line not a high rev motor.

Edited by evandostert (see edit history)

You wont need a LSx block using your stock block will be just fine. To accomplish your goals of daily driveable and not too obnoxious, I recommend goin with a solid all forged 408ci on an iron LQ9 block with a solid performer set of heads like AFR, DART, WCCH, etc. Selecting a cam with more lobe seperation than not to keep it smooth. Something probably around 590-600 lift max and 114* lobe seperation. This should get you about 600+ crank hp or around 500awhp, wont sound like a dragster, have excellent driving manners, idle should easy to set. And...I would not recommend a sheet metal intake for daily driving use as the majority of sheet metal intakes are short on low end torque and usually need the high revs you want to avoid. Your best bet is looking at the edelbrock LS1 manifold with custom fuel rails/injection and a custom elbow hat with a 90mm TB...

Or...you could go with a completely stock truck intake, save tons of money and have that sleeper coolness factor for when you pop the hood, no on knows what you really have because it would look basically stock.

There was another member on here named dounome who had a 408. He had an eagle forged 408 with i think patriot performance heads and a stock truck intake. He popped off a 12.7 or 12.8 right off the bat and it was a daily driver.

Here is a couple of videos of his 408...sounds great and I think it is what you are looking for...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v443/dou...nt=MOV01416.flv

You also might want to talk to Quik on here as well. He has done a couple of 408 motors and has learned some valuable lessons along the way.

Here is an idle video of one of his wild 408's...probably too over the top for you...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3436a4b...8e5017f5ae2.htm