The Ss's Lil Punk Bro...

Butch Malus

So, my wheels:

1999 S10

2WD

2.2 liter

My transmission skips a bit, and I was debating weather or not to drop a 350 in it, considering the body is pretty decent, and the frama is rustfree in New England.

I figure that would solve my tranny problem, but I don't know the reprocussions. Mabey I would also need to replace the spider gears?

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Need to find yourself a good S10 forum for info on that swap... Of course it can be and has been done before, but you won't find any info for it on SSS.com...

Still, get some pics up!!

Edit: Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum!! IMO any vehicle that is in New England isn't rust free, it's just waiting for you to look away so it can shed some paint and show you what NE salt air will do!!

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

I'll try lol, the s10 is just my little thing till I can get an SS once school is done. UTI Norwood ftw.

I have chrome rails along the bed which are starting to rust, but 4 hours with a metal toothbrush, old flathead, extend and rustoleum makes a damn god frame :)

Edited by Butch Malus (see edit history)

First, what kind of mileage is on the trans? You most likey have a 4L60e in that truck, and I don't think changing spider/planetary gears is gonna fix your problem. It sounds almost like a valve body issue. If it has high mileage, it i best to rebuild/freshen up the entire trans instead of doing quick repairs. :chevy:

ive read articles on doin an S10 v8 swap. its pretty complicated. i think u have to take out the wheel wells, modify the fire wall, im pretty sure you have to permenantly take out the heater core and ac. your pretty much gonna have JUST the engine under the hood. good luck

wow that almost sounds like I may wanna just rough it out till I graduate and get an SS, but it is 116k miles, the original tranny got replaced at 45k miles, car went to an auction, and I bought it off the bidder.

I don't know what was wrong with it, it has an old junkyard tranny in there now.

yea waiting a year or 2 would probably be the more logical reason, unless you plan on showing the truck. otherwise it would be pretty hard as a daily driver. if ur lookin for more power, u might consider dropping in the 4.3 v6. ive seen people bore them out to like a 4.5 or 4.6 then slap a turbo on there like the old typhoons and syclones and you'll have as much power as a small block 327 or 350.