New 1/4 Mile Time

CNE

Well, it ain't deep in the 13's but it counts. I only got 2 runs the other night because it was so busy, the first run I forgot to turn off the AC. The second run I spun a little off the line.

Best run

60 ft. 1.95

1/8th 8.87

1/4 13.96

mph 95.00

I'm thinking about running some small tires on 16 inch wheels. Anybody done this? Does it make that much difference? Does it spin much? I have some early 90's 16 inch wheels and some 225/55-16 tires. I think it will just blister the tires, they are tiny.

WOW! Great time. It must be the GMPP CAI :)

That time makes me want a cam. I don't think I would go quite as radical as yours, I was thinking .531 lift. How does yours idle? How is the low end? Did you have to mod the heads at all, or just swap springs?

Anyway, congrats on 13's.

Mike

WOW! Great time. It must be the GMPP CAI :)

That time makes me want a cam. I don't think I would go quite as radical as yours, I was thinking .531 lift. How does yours idle? How is the low end? Did you have to mod the heads at all, or just swap springs?

Anyway, congrats on 13's.

Mike

with all cam swaps it is necessary to upgrade the valve train with stronger rods and springs. If you are going mild, you can get yellow Ls2/Zo6 springs but now the new 918's can handle over .600 lift.

Well, it ain't deep in the 13's but it counts. I only got 2 runs the other night because it was so busy, the first run I forgot to turn off the AC. The second run I spun a little off the line. Best run60 ft. 1.951/8th 8.871/4 13.96mph 95.00I'm thinking about running some small tires on 16 inch wheels. Anybody done this? Does it make that much difference? Does it spin much? I have some early 90's 16 inch wheels and some 225/55-16 tires. I think it will just blister the tires, they are tiny.
Congrats! :thumbs: I am changing to smaller and lighter wheels soon as well. I believe you need to tweek the shift points a little bit since the gearing will change with the shorter set-up.
WOW! Great time. It must be the GMPP CAI :)That time makes me want a cam. I don't think I would go quite as radical as yours, I was thinking .531 lift. How does yours idle? How is the low end? Did you have to mod the heads at all, or just swap springs?Anyway, congrats on 13's.Mike
See my sig...you don't need a cam to hit the 13's...once!

I'll try to reply to everybody's comments,

RacerJJ, I don't know how much I can change the shift points, right now it is set to shift at 6100 at WOT. I probably could have hit the 13's without a cam. I ran a 9.07 in the 1/8th with stock cam and tune with a TB converter. There is more in my truck, we just have to find it. I am thinking about getting someone else to tune it.

Zippy, I have a question and please don't be offended. You have a good reputation online for tuning and tranny upgrades, how come your truck isn't running any quicker times than it is so far? It seems like you help so many people run faster and faster, I just figured you would have a pretty darn fast truck yourself.

I Am Mr. LessAmerican, The converter is OK, if I'd known it wasn't going to pick it up anymore than it did, I would have kept the TB converter in it. I had all the same mods with a TB converter and ran as good. It wasn't worth $945 in my opinion. It is loose enough though, It does what it says it will do as far as stall speed but my truck actuallu runs better ET if I launch at around 1500-2000 rpm. The wheels are 6 lug and will bolt right up. They are just not very attractive.

Haul@ss, You would be better off and cheaper with a TB converter. The one I had in mine would brake torque to almost 2800 rpm if I stood on the brakes. The only reasons I went to the Yank was my 60 ft worsened with the cam and MPH picked up so I went with a higher stall to get closer to the sweet spot of the cam. My 60 came back down under 2.0 but the MPH dropped back too. The ET never changed though.

I haven't taken as much time playing around with my truck like I should have. The truck with the initial roughed in tune went 14.59 with the Corsa, Outlaw, and thermostat. I changed the converter and had some programming as well as weather issue's. After figuring out why I wasn't getting p.e. until second gear (this would only happen if the truck was running for short periods of time) I was hot lapping the truck trying to figure it out. I barely did a burnout causing the crappy 60' in my sig and ran the 14.4 in 78 degree weather. I've since only been back to the track when it was 80 degrees and hotter. The truck runs 2.0 60' times in the hot weather and 14.5 without proper cool down and a rich condition (E85 software issue's, the computer often thinks it has alcahol in it when it's just gas). Now with a little bit more work to the tuning (I don't really get much time to work on my own) and some cool weather I'd like to see a 13.9-14.1. Over the winter while it's parked I'm planning to change the cam and see what I can get out of it from there.

I guess it suck being the man. LOL I know the feeling, I am a GM technician and I never have time anymore to work on my stuff and when I do, I'm so tired of working on cars, I don't fell like messing with mine. I have a stupid question, what is p.e.

P.E. is power enrichment. That is the setting in which your air/fuel ratio goes from 14.7:1 down to what ever you have it set at to richen it up. (often around 12.7:1 for naturally asperated engines and 11.8:1 for boosted).

I guess it suck being the man. LOL I know the feeling, I am a GM technician and I never have time anymore to work on my stuff and when I do, I'm so tired of working on cars, I don't fell like messing with mine. I have a stupid question, what is p.e.

This phenom is not just apparent in the automotive industry. How many of you have been to a "contractor's" house that is half finished, and stays that way for years?

People who clean for a living usually have messy houses.

Mike