Window Fix?

ccc_23

Hey guys got a problem...when both windows are down, and i put them back up, the passenger side is quite a bit slower than the driver side. Probably about 3-5 seconds. Its just kind of annoying. Is it fixable?

mine is too, but only like one second slower. I just take off the door panel and spray white lithium grease in both tracks and go up and down with it a few times. I have to do it like once a month though cause it wears off. Thats all I can think of

Hey guys got a problem...when both windows are down, and i put them back up, the passenger side is quite a bit slower than the driver side. Probably about 3-5 seconds. Its just kind of annoying. Is it fixable?

:withstupid: I just leave mine up most of the time!

greasing the track may help temporarily, but I think the real problem is a weak or faulty window actuator :chevy:

:withstupid:

this was mentioned not too long ago. mine is doing the same thing. more the passenger door than the driver's door. the same thing happened in my 02 Tahoe and eventually the actuator gave out. I traded it in for the SS before I had a chance to replace it so I have no idea of cost. However, it seems that the friction between the glass and the weather stripping along the bottom of the window opening causes some of the issue. I sprayed some silicone spray along mine a few months ago and it isn't as slow as it was. cleaning products could be part of the problem. since using the silicone, I haven't had an issue with my window tint either.

just my $.02

From what i have seen the regulators are a problem in most of the chevys. we have bought tons of aftermarket regulator for this reason. i think it is cause of the design with the cable and nylon they don't like each other. hope this helps.

From what i have seen the regulators are a problem in most of the chevys. we have bought tons of aftermarket regulator for this reason. i think it is cause of the design with the cable and nylon they don't like each other. hope this helps.

Our dealership stocks window regulators like freakin wiper blades. They go left and right.

• 5 months later...

I went to roll my drivers window down yesterday and about half way down I heard a pop and it finished rolling down. I rolled it back up, but went to roll it down again and I just hear the motor (or acuator) running. What do you guys think and could this be an easy fix.

I went to roll my drivers window down yesterday and about half way down I heard a pop and it finished rolling down. I rolled it back up, but went to roll it down again and I just hear the motor (or acuator) running. What do you guys think and could this be an easy fix.

Without having a better idea of what's going on, and taking into account that this appears to have been a one-time occurance, I would say that you most likely jumped / mismatched a tooth on your window regulator.

If the problem hasn't happened since and the window is still functioning properly, I would say leave it alone for now, but be prepared to replace the regulator / tracking as it may be loosening up and getting ready to fail.

If the problem is reoccuring, then you should replace the regulator immediately, as you would be grinding off teeth on the regulator gear and eventually you will not be able to put the window up all the way without pulling up the glass to get past the dead tooth.

Hope that helps. :thumbs: