Going To Buy A Gto

faceliftedss

i found myself a GTO today and im pretty serious about buying it. i love the thought of a six speed cause the gas mileage has been killing me lately. it is blue with the blue leather, its only the 5.7 but its only got 10,000 miles on it and is in perfect condition. i was looking for some input before i made the commitment. any one own one that wants to share i appreciate it.

i have alot of friends in my muscle car club with them and they run pretty good...heavy car but all them guys really love um...if the price is right then go for it!!! my friends have never had any issues and its fun to be able to raise that kind of hell with four full size people in the car!!!

def. get one with the LS2. they pretty much changed EVERYTHING when they put in the ls2. suspension, engine, everything. its a completely different car. i drove an 04 with the 5.7 and an 06 with the 6.0 and its not even a comparison. even if u have to spend 5k more, the 6.0 is well worth the money, not just in power, but every aspect

not that this changes my mind about them, 'cause i think they're really bad ass cars.. but, i think they(gm) could've put more effort into the design. it looks nothing like the older gto's and i've mistaken them for dodge neons every once in awhile at a quick glance..

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

not that this changes my mind about them, 'cause i think they're really bad ass cars.. but, i think they(gm) could've put more effort into the design. it looks nothing like the older gto's and i've mistaken them for dodge neons every once in awhile at a quick glance..

:withstupid: Too many times ive looked twice mistaking them for a grand am. Still a nice car though.

Defiantly look for a 05-06, better engine, suspension, brakes, everything. I've seen a lot of 04 through the shop having problems with the gauge cluster, the gauges would all max out and stay there. I think it was mostly the early model year ones, some kind of problem with the new multiplexed electrical system they used in them. Not a big deal if it's under warranty but pretty expensive if the car is out of warranty.