Pics Of My Truck And Bike

squad6firedog

I would def remove the hood scoops, sun visor, rear window vent shades and the nerf bars as soon as possible. But otherwise good luck with the SS. Treat it right and it will do the same in return.

:withstupid: otherwise you have a nice truck there! Good luck with it. :chevy:

Yes it is and I hate it but I dont have the cash flow to have it removed and the roof repainted.

Not sure why but I cant get the other pics to upload will have to try tomorrow.

Actually, you should be able to remove the visor and not have holes in the outer sheetmetal of the roof. It is the style that mounts inside the door jambs, and the center pads that make contact with the roof should only be 2 sided taped on.

There should be plastic caps on the outside of the visor above those lower mounting pads on the center of the visor above the windshield. If you take them off, you should see nuts on studs that are mounted to the pads. Remove these nuts, then open your doors and pull the weather strip away from the body of the truck. There should be 2 or 3 screws or bolts on each side holding the outer brackets of the visor to the truck. If you remove these and the nuts on the center studs, you should be able to remove the visor from the truck, only leaving the mounting brackets taped to the roof of the truck above the windshield. Once you have it off, thread the screws back into the holes on the door jamb, or fill the holes with clear silicone to keep water out. Replace the weather strip, and you are done on the sides. The center mounting pads can be heated with a hair dryer and use some heavy dental floss or clear fishing line to "cut" the foam core of the 2 sided tape that is holding them on. Once this is done, you should be ale to roll any additional mounting tape off the roof with your thumb. When you have all of the heavy foam off, use gsome goo-gone or acrylic adhesive solvent to clean the rest of the glue that remains.

The hood scoops and rear window covers are probably just 2 sided tape as well and can be removed with heat and floss or fishing line. Follow the above to remove them as well.