Deer Hunters

SS Silv

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright guys get ready for this. Remember that I mentioned that this was my first time deer hunting? Well, I had a Doe tag and we are driving down a section line and we see a deer about 300 yards away, standing all by its self. To me, it looked like a decent size doe, but since it was standing by itself, I had nothing else to compare it to. So I shot, and nailed it right in the chest. We get up to the deer and it is no bigger than a Yellow Lab, haha. Needless to say, I never heard the end of it from my buddies :crackup:

But, the most important thing is that we had a safe hunt and I had a blast. Next year I will be applying for a buck tag and I will get me a decent size dear.

Alright guys get ready for this. Remember that I mentioned that this was my first time deer hunting? Well, I had a Doe tag and we are driving down a section line and we see a deer about 300 yards away, standing all by its self. To me, it looked like a decent size doe, but since it was standing by itself, I had nothing else to compare it to. So I shot, and nailed it right in the chest. We get up to the deer and it is no bigger than a Yellow Lab, haha. Needless to say, I never heard the end of it from my buddies :crackup:

But, the most important thing is that we had a safe hunt and I had a blast. Next year I will be applying for a buck tag and I will get me a decent size dear.

I've done the same thing, looked big at the time but the closer i got to it the worse i felt. But if you can hit a deer 300 yards away while standing not on a bench.....I won't piss you off.

I've done the same thing, looked big at the time but the closer i got to it the worse i felt. But if you can hit a deer 300 yards away while standing not on a bench.....I won't piss you off.

I've done the same thing. In fact, there were two of them, and I downed them both (this was probably 15 years ago now -- I'd a been around 16 or 17) When I got up to them, they were both bambies. My uncle drug them out with his 4-wheeler, and said it was a good thing I shot them both... so we'd each have enough for a sandwich. :lol:

Today, I went out to the woods to scout a little bit. Got to the back of the 80 acres, and I ran into someone else's huntin' junk. In our land!!! So, i took it down, and threw it in a pile up by the house. Later, a guy drove up to my dad's house and asked if he'd taken some hunting stuff out of his land... he said that he hadn't. The guy asked if maybe I did, and Dad replied, you can check with him tomorrow... He's not home right now.

Legally, I have to give the guy his crap back, but I can make him sweat it out a little bit. If you hunt on someone else's land, just show them the courtesy of asking first. This kid came in from the back (the neighbors from out of state said it was o.k.) and snuck into ours. He said he was just there 'taking pictures'. I have his SD-chip from his deer camera. I should upload some of the pictures that he's taken with it. Not all were of game... some of him and his girl friend.

What kind of loser takes a game cam to family reunions for pictures? :crackup:

The closes iv'e gotten to deer hunting is when a car (in front of us about 3 cars ahead) clipped a lil' deer it just keept driving we passes it up then my dad busted a U-turn :cool: . We loaded it up it wasn't kicking alot but the top of it's head was like gone. pretty gross. p.s. everyone passing us where looking at us (can u say AWQwARD. I was pissed. Non the less we gave the meat away. But i would love to go hunting sometime but not whit dick cheiney(mispelled big tyme) :uhoh: .

Not all were of game... some of him and his girl friend.

What kind of loser takes a game cam to family reunions for pictures? :crackup:

:crackup: It is the same memory card as most digital camera's so he probably just used same card in both. Post up the pics esp. if gasoline alley worthy :jester:

Edited by WI_Dave (see edit history)

deer season here i come!!! sucks its only a few days here in nj but ill make the best of it. i bought a sweet gun this year its a savage 12 gauge bolt action shotgun. its sick!

Me too. :cheers: I have gone NJ for the past 20 years!