Upgraded My Retractable License Plate Bracket

Rays B4U

Hey guys thanks for all the positive replies. I was a little hesitant in showing it to everyone, I figured I would be told to just go without a front plate.

With all the people saying "I want one" it has got me thinking about the possibility of making some more, don't know if it would be cost effective or not.

Very nice! I wish I didn't already have holes in my front bumper or I would be in line to get one too!

Yea, I know what you mean. I had to have the holes in mine filled and bumper repainted for $200.

love the front of your truck man, its just beautiful.

sweet hide-a-way :thumbs:

Thanks, it's not the normal grille upgrade.

Very cool :thumbs: ....Living in San Diego the cops love to give "no front plate"fix it tickets....I would definately be interested in one,but i'm not sure if it would clear my Fluidyne heat exchanger??If you decide to make them I own a optic eye plasma cutter to make the parts for you...all I would need is a white template,and the machine does the rest

Yea, you know "those damn cops!" :rolleyes: If your heat exchanger is installed in the cavity behind the lower bumper grille it most likely wouldn't work, that's where the license plate bracket rotates into. :( Thanks for the offer of cutting the parts out for me, I may be in touch with you. :thumbs:

pretty sick concept ya got goin there! I'd like one.. but as low as my front end is, i'd prolly scrape the ground or hit something haha

I'd have to check for sure, but I think when it is retracting it drops down about 6 inches. I know with a stock height frontend there is lots of clearance.

Dang Ray, I could use one if you make them. On this side of the mountains, you would have a better chance of selling crack in front of the police station, then getting harrassed for no front plate. I've seen police turn around and go way out of there way just to give someone a no plate infraction. And trust me, we have way worst problems than no plates over on this side of the mountains :jester:

They must not be heading for coffee then, cause we don't let anything get in the way of coffee....priorities!!! :D

Again guys, thanks for all the positive comments and I keep everyone posted as to how it's working out and if I'll be making anymore! :driving:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Thanks guys for the comments. As for selling them, I've thrown around the idea a bit, and I MAY try selling some if it's not cost prohibitive. Currently I'm in the process of working out a small bug that may or may not be a problem for the buyers so until I get that worked out I'm not selling any. And if I do sell them, in order not to break SSS.com forum "for sale" rules I'll probably put them on Ebay/Craigslist and I'll let everyone know about them.

Guys...thread is two years old. If you want more info on it, you might want to try to PM him if he still frequents the boards.

this thread was brought back because i referenced it in a couple other threads, and someone liked the idea and wanted more info. oh and look, ray replied to the thread. personally i'd rather reply in a thread than receive mass pm's.

I've been drawing up some ideas a bit different to rays because the 6" path of movement would most like scrape the ground on some lowered trucks like mine. Ray, if you actually start selling these, it might be easier to modify yours than for me to start from scratch haha. Please keep us posted.