Anyone From Palm Beach Gardens Fl Area?

elitesurfer50

my family is putting our boat down in palm beach gardens at loggerhead marina for the winter. im goin to be getting out of the coast guard in jan or feb then i have a few months of terminal vacation saved up so ill still be getting paid for a few months so ive decieded to go live on the boat for a while.. i was just wondering if anyone is from that area. also im looking to become a police officer either in nj where i live wich i have already starting applying or down in palm beach. if anyone is a cop down there. what would i ave to do to apply with being an out of state resident?

I don't know about Palm Beach, but Miami-Dade Police are in a consant hiring binge. The FHP is also hiring, but you could get assigned anywhere in Florida. Being out of state probably won't be a problem. Obviously you're not certified in Florida. You're going to need to take the TABE exam and probably the FBAT no matter where you apply in Florida. You can take these exams on your own. I know Miami-Dade College North Campus routinely offers both exams. Often in the same day. Be prepared for up to six months between applying and going to the academy. I'm a "civilian" police employee and it took them 90 days to do my background investigation. You might want to seek temporary employment in the meantime.

I'm in that area about 20 mins South of it in Boca Raton. If you need another reference, SuperchargedSS is a cop on here, his name is Robbie,give him a pm and I'm sure he can be of some assistance. I chose the better of the 2 public services LOL. Anyways, good luck in you choice man.

My pops lives in Palm Beach Gardens, for a while he was trying to get me to move down there and be a cop but just not my cup of tea. I would image you would need to become a resident of Florida to be in Law enforcement but I really dont know.