Do I Need An Extra Fuel Pump ?

I'm running a 3" right now and will be switching to a 2.8 with 60# here shortly I already have everything just waiting to do it. The walbro 255 fuel pump is more than enough.

[/quot

Great, i bought the magna volt just help out some. u have 2 wd as well hows traction for u ? i have the 3.1 pulley and its deffinately fun.

Great, i bought the magna volt just help out some. u have 2 wd as well hows traction for u ? i have the 3.1 pulley and its deffinately fun.

Without my DR's on forget about it..lol But with my DR's I have had no problems hooking.

sweet, i have same issue, i have bfg kdw2 on the 20's and thats about worthless in 1st. it even chirps from 3rd to 2nd. what drag radials do u have and what rim. i wanna take the truck to the track soon, i didnt think i would hook with dr's. i ran 9.2 at 80 in the 1/8 with a 2.5 60 ft. lol thats with 3.1 pulley no headers or 3 inch exhuast and it was 84 degrees at 9 pm.

sweet looking drags, ive never seen those ive only seen the mickeys, and bfg's. what kinda times are u runnin with ur setup ?

For DR's they put all others to shame. As a matter of fact you probably wont be able to obtain any for a while due to the end of the season. they knocked .5 seconds off my 1/8. With my current set up i only ranmy truck one weekend. I was running 5 lbs. of boost and over 1/2 tank of gas with belt slippage and pulled 13.4's all day. My set up is a mid 12 set up I just need to get the bugs worked out.

For DR's they put all others to shame. As a matter of fact you probably wont be able to obtain any for a while due to the end of the season. they knocked .5 seconds off my 1/8. With my current set up i only ranmy truck one weekend. I was running 5 lbs. of boost and over 1/2 tank of gas with belt slippage and pulled 13.4's all day. My set up is a mid 12 set up I just need to get the bugs worked out.

damn , impressive. u had that much slipage with the 3.1pulley ? im worried when i swap to 2.8 im gonna have crazy slipage, i guess we'll see. im definately gonna look into the drag radials over slicks if they hook this good, im hoping for low 8's in the 1/8 when i finish this install of the injectors and pulley . thanks for all the help i appreciate ur time and help.

damn , impressive. u had that much slipage with the 3.1pulley ? im worried when i swap to 2.8 im gonna have crazy slipage, i guess we'll see. im definately gonna look into the drag radials over slicks if they hook this good, im hoping for low 8's in the 1/8 when i finish this install of the injectors and pulley . thanks for all the help i appreciate ur time and help.

No problem on the help. I went froma 3.2 to a 3 and used the same belt. The tensioner couldnt pull the slack out so I hasd to change out belts that monday when i got home. I should be 8-8.1 1/8 and 12.5 ish in the 1/4 with my mods. I'll get there.

just wondering what is your guys fuel pressure at the top of first geat @ wot ?

and your idc?

Fuel pressure is around 58 and what is idc? I think i run out of injector as well. I've got 60# just waiting to go in.

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

idc injector duty cycle.

if your fuel press is 59 at your highest boost level at wot then your ok.

when i had a single walbro and magnavolt i was seeing 50 psi at wot. so i had to upgrade to dual pumps. the 04+ guys have more work to do when upgrading the fuel system . but i am running a different blower so its not exactly the same.