True Duals

JaySS

hey guys, just picked up 2 flowmaster super 40's cheap. My question is how much extra work is needed to run duals rather than just chop off the old muffler and put 1 flowmaster in its place? the guy at the exhaust shop said he would do the swap for 40 bucks. Just wondering what is needed and how much to run the duals. thanks.

truckgo7.jpg

I paid $290.00 for my exhaust. Flowmaster 50 dual in/dual out turned before the wheel w/ two Ractive stainless tips.

So I would think that it would only be maybe $100.00-150.00 to fab up something since you already have the muffs.

Picture_141.jpg

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

i had mine done and my mufflers are located up at the back of the cab like if u look between the bed and cab u can see them. Then it was all custom by a guy up here in MI he charged me a bit based on he fabbed the whole set up and did somethin like 700 welds so he says i took his word but it sounds good and im happy

It's not bad at all... You actually have true dual pipes running into one muffler... I have the original 40's with an offset inlet, an a centered outlet... If your lookin for a wicked sound, get turndowns...

080307_1010.jpg

080307_1009.jpg

080307_1008.jpg

080307_1008a.jpg

If you have centered inlets, you can probably have them mount them with a slant so they don't hang too low.

yeah i've got offset in center outs, and i am planning to do turn downs, i want it as loud as possible. i just wasnt sure what kind of fab-work needed to be done coming from the engine, but streatsboy cleared that up for me. thanks for the responses, sorry about the complaint post, i was drunk and in a bad mood.

yeah i've got offset in center outs, and i am planning to do turn downs, i want it as loud as possible. i just wasnt sure what kind of fab-work needed to be done coming from the engine, but streatsboy cleared that up for me. thanks for the responses, sorry about the complaint post, i was drunk and in a bad mood.

if you want loud and then really loud, add some cutouts just after the cats, so you can annoy the neighbors or get a lot of attention at wot :thumbs:

Yes, if you're looking for the loudest possible outa your exhaust, go with the cutouts. However, If you dont decide to go that route, get em dumped aka turndowns. Streatsboy turned me on to that setup and I honestly thought it was too loud but then I grew to love it. BTW, your neighbors will love it too. And that 1-2 shift, mine really pop, it sounds awesome

• 2 weeks later...