Truck Leans To The Left

1 Fast SS

I was coming out of the store yesterday and noticed that my truck leans alittle to the left. I couldn't figure out why? At first I thought maybe it was on an slope from the parking lot, but it was on a flat surface. So I tried different area's and still the same thing, :confused: I took it to the dealership today and they said that this is normal from the factory and that some silvy's do will do this. I told him that this was not a regular silverado, and that I paid good money for this truck. He continued to talk out of his ass, as I was getting pretty steamed by now :fume::mad: and wasn't hearing what he was telling me. He told me that the factory allows a 1/2 tollerance from the frame to the bed. He measured the lean and it came out to be just a hair under a 1/2, and told me that it was with-in tollerance, and they couldn't do anything about it. Damn, was I pissed. :mad: He said that if I wanted to, that they could send it to a frame expert and have the frame shimmed, but I would have to pay for this. I didn't even ask him how much cuz I was so pissed. Does any one elses truck do this. Is it from getting down on it and torquing something undernieth the truck? I might talk to the manager tomorrow or something. This just isn't right!

Terry

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was coming out of the store yesterday and noticed that my truck leans alittle to the left. I couldn't figure out why? At first I thought maybe it was on an slope from the parking lot, but it was on a flat surface. So I tried different area's and still the same thing, :confused: I took it to the dealership today and they said that this is normal from the factory and that some silvy's do will do this. I told him that this was not a regular silverado, and that I paid good money for this truck. He continued to talk out of his ass, as I was getting pretty steamed by now :fume::mad: and wasn't hearing what he was telling me. He told me that the factory allows a 1/2 tollerance from the frame to the bed. He measured the lean and it came out to be just a hair under a 1/2, and told me that it was with-in tollerance, and they couldn't do anything about it. Damn, was I pissed. :mad: He said that if I wanted to, that they could send it to a frame expert and have the frame shimmed, but I would have to pay for this. I didn't even ask him how much cuz I was so pissed. Does any one elses truck do this. Is it from getting down on it and torquing something undernieth the truck? I might talk to the manager tomorrow or something. This just isn't right!

Terry

Heres what you should do. Look in your warranty book for the # for customer service and call them tell them what the service manager said and go from there.

i dont recomend doing what was stated above. what that service manager told you is correct. first off, think about this- your gas tank is entirely on the driver side, and holds 26.7 gallons of fuel. you, the driver, are also always sitting on the driver side. there is usually about a 1/2 difference, its normal. dont be mad at him, there really is nothing wrong with your truck. he sounded from what you said like he handled it well. some dealers wont even measure, they wont even take the time to tell you what GM says about ride hieght differences

Are you sure.... My 91 Syclone doesn't lean to the left, and it has the same thing, Fuel tank on the left and I weight all of 295 pound and still no lean. but my 1996 Silverado does lean, but it has almost 160,000 miles on it. Just my 2 cents.........

i dont recomend doing what was stated above. what that service manager told you is correct. first off, think about this- your gas tank is entirely on the driver side, and holds 26.7 gallons of fuel. you, the driver, are also always sitting on the driver side. there is usually about a 1/2 difference, its normal. dont be mad at him, there really is nothing wrong with your truck. he sounded from what you said like he handled it well. some dealers wont even measure, they wont even take the time to tell you what GM says about ride hieght differences

i agree. its known as the cehvy lean . i bet 80% or more of the trucks on here have it . some more than other but you really have to try and notice it. imo no biggie. i dont even notice it .

I don't have any real noticeable lean yet, but if I didn't happen to see some I wouldn't really be concerned about it unless it was severe (1" or more), if only because of the weight of the gas tank... :fingersx: hopefully that's a long way out though...

:withstupid:

Its true..not too many dealerships would have done that. Should they? Hell yes.

I don't have any real noticeable lean yet, but if I didn't happen to see some I wouldn't really be concerned about it unless it was severe (1" or more), if only because of the weight of the gas tank... :fingersx: hopefully that's a long way out though...

:withstupid: I wouldn't worry about it :chevy:

my truck went all slanted a couple weeks ago....it was like 3 inches outon the left and was bottomoing out. it slowly worked its way back to about 3/4 inch over a couple days. i thought the leaf was broken or bent so i got some from work here but they look kinda the same so i didn't put them on. could it possibly be a stick shock or something?

I thought maybe it was from going to the track and launching off the line and twisting something. Now that you mention it, it does lean more to the left when the tank is full. I'm not a daily driver so I always keep my tank on a 1/2 tank just in case I have a run in with someone. (less weight) Thanks guys, I guess I won't worry about it then, but it's still annoying when ever I look at it.

I thought maybe it was from going to the track and launching off the line and twisting something. Now that you mention it, it does lean more to the left when the tank is full. I'm not a daily driver so I always keep my tank on a 1/2 tank just in case I have a run in with someone. (less weight) Thanks guys, I guess I won't worry about it then, but it's still annoying when ever I look at it.

There is no way we can launch these big heavy slugs hard enough to get frame twist. You have a case of the Chevy lean my friend. We all have it. Some worse than others. I took all of the weight out of my passenger side so just imagine how bad mine is. Too even it out, I never fill my tank and it manages to stay pretty level but I'm sure it leans when my fat ass gets in! A quick fix for ya...lose some weight! :jester: