Tonneau Cover Question

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get a little help from the guys who have already bought the Gaylord's Speedster X2000 tonneau cover. I was wondering where would be the best place to purchase one? I have looked around and Stylin Concepts wants $1,200 and thats even before shipping. Is the X2000 lift system even worth the extra money? It looks nice, has easier instilation and removal, and supposedly reduces opening and closing pressure by 50%. Or, would I be just as well off going with the standard hard fiberglass tonneau from them. I would really appreciate yalls help with the expansive knowledge base that is on this forum, its alot of money to not check with yall first. Thanks in advance and take care.

C.K.

In terms of "ease of removal", it's kind of off that. It is very easy to release from the hinges. Getting it off, without the help of probably another male (my wife wasn't strong enough to handle), will be difficult. This is where the lid is just too cumbersome. I think my wife is fairly strong, but not enough. To have to call a neighbor or frind over to help was a PITA. And, the speedster addition has added at least a few more pounds.

Aside from that, they make an outstanding quality lid.

• 2 weeks later...

I went a head and ordered the Gaylord's X2000 Speedsturr tonneau cover, it should be at the shop in 4 to 6 weeks, I am also thinking about getting the carpet, but not sure if I want to spend all that money at one time. When I get it on, I will try and get pics posted if I can figure it out.

C.K.

BSERthanks for the help, I started this thread for help, the 100 bucks would have been nice to save, that would have been the volant ram air tube. I have been looking at all the sites, and I just think that the look and quality of Gaylords is great. Plus, you get what you pay for.

C.K.

Archived