14.70 Stock Awd Ss

10SEC91Z

I towed my buddies 02 SS Camaro to the 65 miles dragstrip on sunday. I got there unhooked the trailer and let her cool down. Surprising enough it ran 14.70s 3 times in a row. Best was a time was 14.70 @ 92.76 with a 2.11 60ft . The air was a 55 degrees.

Needless to say it was the most comfortable ride down the 1/4 ive ever had lol. This is a all stock 04SS with a drop in K&N. Im pretty pleased and continue to be impressed with this truck. :cheers:

Thanks Fellas. As far as i know the tune is stock.Im almost positive because it shifts way to soon. I was launching just above idle, I didnt know if TM would pull timing if I tried to stall it up. This seemed to be the best method. The air was very good out, I shoulda dropped the spare tire and went for a 14.60. Like i said im extremly please with how it ran. Thanks again :flag:

Forgot to mention race weight was 5575

Edited by 10SEC91Z (see edit history)

that sounds real fast 2 me 2 min was runnin mid 15's stock BUT my reaction times were horrible

Reaction times dont have anything to do with the times. Im glad it ran what it did for sure. Im going to have it tuned and move the shift points up a bit. What does everyone have there stock bolt on trucks shifting at? Seems it would do well around 5800-5900.

Really good times dude!!

that sounds real fast 2 me 2 min was runnin mid 15's stock BUT my reaction times were horrible

Yyour reaction time is just that, tells you how long it took for you to leave (or React) after the green. When you move that when your e.t starts!!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

*****UPDATE*****

Finally got the truck tuned by Steve at LSXtune.com and installed a bastarized CAI (K&N /Airaid ).The tune definately made a big difference. The truck is much snappier driving around ,and has strong top end pull now for being 5500 lbs.

Pretty happy with the results.

Best pass was a 14.57@ 94.8 MPH in warmer air, high 70s. Not sure of DA.

It went the 14.70s in 40 degree air.

Besides tune and CAI all else stock.Even plugs and wires. Which are on my list.

Might get into the 14.40s in cool air. :cheers:

Needs some exhaust now..its way to quiet. :cool:

Edited by 10SEC91Z (see edit history)