Don't Be Jealous

wild2003ss

Again?! :eek::(

Yup we used Borg-Warner Carbon frictions in the 3-4 clutch pack, unfortunately we used them with hardened steels and the frictions never 'seated', they slip on engagement of 3rd. I need to do the right thing and hook-up a transmission line pressure guage and make sure that it is not low pressure problem on engagement of 3rd (just to be sure) but I doubt this is the issue, I think the frictions were too hard and never bedded-in correctly. Which means another tear down, at least this time it won't be a forced tow-truck bill.

Mr. P.

Yup we used Borg-Warner Carbon frictions in the 3-4 clutch pack, unfortunately we used them with hardened steels and the frictions never 'seated', they slip on engagement of 3rd. I need to do the right thing and hook-up a transmission line pressure guage and make sure that it is not low pressure problem on engagement of 3rd (just to be sure) but I doubt this is the issue, I think the frictions were too hard and never bedded-in correctly. Which means another tear down, at least this time it won't be a forced tow-truck bill.

Mr. P.

Has your slipped since you installed them?