Service Brake Booster?

Plwtwo

Any seen this service light before: Service Brake Booster. it came on I checked the vacuum hose. Cleared the light with the return arrow button. It hasn't came back but when I was at the dealer for a 3000 mile checkup they said no big deal!

They just don't know how fast I drive!!!! :smash:

I had a brake system code set while going down the freeway at 70mph. All of a sudden the annoying "chime" sounds about 15 times and the ABS and Brake lights come on with a message in the DIC saying "Service Brake System Soon." :eek:

I made it home with no problems and scanned the code with EFILive. It was a wheel speed sensor. Whew, nothing major bad. I cleared the DTC code and it stayed away for about 2 weeks, then came back. Second time I left the code in the computer and took it to the dealer and had the sensor replaced. The service writer I saw also seemed unworried about the brake system code. He said the ABS light means that ABS is disabled and the brake light means a brake system code is set, but as long as the brakes still work when you push the pedal, its not a big deal. I guess for dealers one downside of computer controlled vehicles is they get a lot more service jobs for minor stuff that sets off codes (which make the customer worried enough to bring it in).

No problems since they replaced the sensor. I hope yours is Ok now, too.

I too had a service brake booster come onto my display a couple of times during a cold drive to work in the past month or so. When I brought it to my dealer, they checked and there was no error listed, so I guess it fixed itself, or wasn't a big enough problem to keep throwing the code. :cheers:

Any seen this service light before: Service Brake Booster. it came on I checked the vacuum hose.  Cleared the light with the return arrow button.  It hasn't came back but when I was at the dealer for a 3000 mile checkup they said no big deal!

They just don't know how fast I drive!!!! :smash:

No problem NOT... :nono: YOU MUST REPORT IT AND FOLLOW IT UP...

All you guys should have your dealer write up a report and send it to GM.

This is not a joking matter. It is a possible safety issue.

SS's are driven at higher than normal velocity and try explaining to your insurance company once you run into something.

Pretty hard to validate major impact because brakes failed and you were driving fast.

Brakes problem or not, insurance(and Police) will blame you first of all for driving too fast. You are Guilty until proven innocent.

Fact is brake failure or not your insurance company will up your rates not matter because You Drive Fast, that's why you bought a SS.

If your dealer does nothing contact your Federal Authority (NHTSA) and log a request, you will not only possibly save your neck but may create a Recall.

VERY IMPORTANT, It takes people to document serious safety issues for things to happen, your(our) safety depends on it...

If this was a poor radio reception issue then it is no problem, but brakes that have to slow down a 2 ton projectile that's a BIG Problem.

Big corporation do not give a hoot.

Even with evident damage to Columbia, NASA did nothing and we all know the end results. At least you have the NHTSA, they took care of Ford's Explorer.

Maybe it's nothing, but before someone crashes and dies

Please do it for everyones sake. Let's have it checked out...

Dr Mike :cool:

I asked them to check it, they did, but as normal couldn't duplicate problem, and then they blamed it on the Supercharger, since the vacuum hose was moved to it.........It was wrote and on a service request. When I go back I'll do it again.

502332_5.jpg

Hey Ho :seeya: plwtwo...

We have an expression here in Canada "Trying to pull the wool over my eyes" you deserve more than this.

It's always easy for them to blame Mods you do, but You are not the only one and I don't think "Cannot duplicate problem" can be taken as a good answer when it comes to brakes. They have to report it to GM.

If you were the only one with this problem Fine, but mow as you can see in this thread are not the only one.

Now if everyone that is having this problem has the same Supercharger installed, then maybe it related somehow, but somehow gut feeling says no.

Brakes are not cosmetic or an accessory you don't need.

When I worked as a Service Manager at a local shop many moons ago ALL Safety concerns (brakes is #1) were documented , passed on to the DSM and responded to quickly.

Chrysler would authorize warranty time to attempt to diagnose problem, failing that replacing specific component and having customer try it out.

In your case the least the dealer could do is get the DSM involved and if message error is Brake Booster, then take no chance and replace it and send it back for testing.

You should touch base with everyone else with this problem and all should sit down with their Service Manager so they to can involve their DSM who in turn will eventually land at GM HQ with a "Houston we have a problem" concensus...

Now having said all this if everyone that has the same Supercharger and all share the same problem, then it's off to the S/C manufacturer and NHTSA if they don't want to check it

Good Luck,

The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many...

Dr Mike :cool:

Archived