Cams/install ?

I want to get the biggest bang for the buck! I have flowmaster exhaust and a home made ram air right now. I was thinking headers but for the price and the boost in power without any engine mods, I think I wont be happy. What do you guys think about running a mild cam, and removing my cats and tailpipes to free up some more flow! What cam would you guys recomend for a stock truck? How about install, I can build old school motors in my sleep but I have never been inside a new gen motor like the truck, is this something I could do myself?

Wody...hows your truck run with your mods, was there a pretty good differance. I was thinking about exhaust ideas. I am pretty good with exhaust, so I was thinking of cutting a section out and welding in a X pipe for some extra lowend, mabey remove the flowmaster and weld up 2 bullet mufflers and turndowns :D

I wouldn't imagine a cam swap would be too difficult on our trucks... The head / bumper lights come right off, bumper comes off readily, radiator would be an easy removal... I don't know what you'd do with the condenser, but once that's out of the way and the rest of the serpentine assembly is disassembled, the swap itself should be cake. I could see it taking less than a day, even for a beginner... Just make sure you've got somebody with experience on hand to help you out...

if you're not certified, then i would suggest taking it to a a/c shop and having the a/c system evacuated before you start the tare down. sometimes just moving the condensor out of the way will crack old lines and you won't notice a leak until you turn the a/c on and then BOOM, it will blow.