Adding The Ss Cladding

supersub

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guy's for all the positive thoughts on this phase of the build up.The entire driver's side has been molded to fit and awaiting final prep before painting.But need some input from you folks.

How does the front fender cladding fit on your's?Fitment on my truck shows about a 1/4 of an inch space before it gets to the actual edge of the fender at the door (the vertical edge).Then the door cladding has to be pushed back to allow the door to open without rubbing,and this causes a very large gap overall.Like an inch wide between both side moldings.

Does yours do that,send me a pic of yours if you can.

Then what should i do for the rear,two thoughts there,easy way BSER roll pan.Or graph the O.E. Silverado SS rear bumper to the back giving it a "blocked" look.

Your input is greatly appreciated and will help contribute to something really "neat" I hope.

hopefully this will help this is an old picture before i lowered the truck and i hope nobody gets mad because im posting pics you can see in the second picture the gap on the front door is bigger than the gap on the back door again i hope this helps holty please dont delete my pictures thank you

w_SSCalipers5.jpg

DSCI0118.jpg

thanks for the post it shows what i am talking about,for a moment i actually thought the doors could be different.they could have made the fender cladding a little wider.It would look a lot better if the molding went to the edge of the fender then the gaps would not be so wide.

When i lengthened the back door and 1/4 moldings i compensated for the gaps and they are a lot tighter than the front door to fender gaps.

Well here is the first run.Driver's side of course.So far so good.......

CIMG8775.jpg

batteries are not so good,need to get a new one.

Extended the rear door,graphed the cab corner and box front together,added length to the rocker and rear bed moldings and WHALAAH!

CIMG8776.jpg

Would start installing right now but I promised to take the wife and kids out tonight.I will get some more photos after the D.side is done.