Update On My Transmission Problems

Ok, so I just got a call from my trans guy. He said well, its burned up and the front seal is busted causing it to gush fluid out. HUGE WEIGHT OFF MY SHOULDERS!!! I asked if that had anything to do with my vette servo install. He said absolutly not and my install was done correctly. So he said he would charge me $1300 for the rebuild with parts and labor which is what he charges wholesale since I was referred by a friend. I then tell him I have an extended warantee for 5 yr 60k miles and he says through GM or an outside company? I tell him an outside company and he says that he can do it under warantee for an outside company AND install my shift kit for free. He actually says thats better for him because he can get paid his usual price by the company instead of cutting me a $600 deal and losing out. Hes calling the warantee company as we speak to get the ball rolling. If I were to bring it to GM he says there is a "possible" chance they would void my warantee. As soon as he gets the authorization from the company, he is going to drop the tranny and start the rebuild. As much as it sucks to hear that its f'd and has to be rebuilt, I'm happy at the same time because it was not due to improper install or any fault of my own and my shift kit is being installed for free. I do have a $100 deductible and he said he would make sure that I dont even pay that!! These guys are great and very professional and have helped me out ALOT! I will be referring anyone I can to these guys and will be personally writing a letter to them. Sorry for the long post but its a serious weight off my shoulders since I felt like total dog shit yesterday when I saw the SS being towed.

P.S. When it got towed it was on a regular tow truck. I watched him roll away for about an 1/8th of a mile and drove home. Come to find out later, AWD was engaged and would not move so the guy had to call a flatbed to pick it up and deliver it. Took 4hrs to get 10 miles !! What a day

Great news!! So glad that everything is working out great for ya, I know how scared you can get with these repair costs.

On a side note... why didn't the towing company bring out a roll back to start with, for an AWD drivetrain.... Though, all of the companies around here use solely roll backs only,

Great news!! So glad that everything is working out great for ya, I know how scared you can get with these repair costs.

On a side note... why didn't the towing company bring out a roll back to start with, for an AWD drivetrain.... Though, all of the companies around here use solely roll backs only,

Ya, even though I would be getting a deal for $1300 thats still alot of money. As for the towing company, who knows..I mean if you would have seen the driver that came to pick it up, maybe that would explain it.

I just got off the phone with my trans guy again and he said the adjusters will be out tomorrow to inspect it then go ahead and give him the OK to drop it. Then after he drops it, another adjuster will come out and inspect the parts and give him the OK to rebuild. He said it would be done around Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Come to find out later, AWD was engaged and would not move so the guy had to call a flatbed to pick it up and deliver it. Took 4hrs to get 10 miles !! What a day

that driver had to be a :loser::nonod:

was probably just too lazy to use use his dollies that are on most wheel lift trucks. all i do when i have to tow a awd or 4x4 vehicle is raise up the front end on the stinger, and disconnect the 4 bolts that connect the drive shaft to the rear, wire the shaft up out of the way, and drive away. it only takes about 5 min or so...that goes for ANY rear drive vehicle :smash:

good luck on the rebuild. :thumbs:

:seeya: