Intercooler Pump

so it took me a couple of nights to figure out why the next day i jumped in my truck and its completely dead, turns out when i shut my truck off the intercooler pump stays running. the resivior is full so i know its not looking for coolant. when i had my hood popped and wiggling things, out of frustration a hit my fuse box and it shut off...maybe im answering my own question here but does this sound like a bad relay, if so where can i find one, any ideas guys? thanks

BYN

bro i i dont have anything, i dont even know if thats the problem, thats why i was posting this..

BYN

sounds like the relay is sticking close.i would check the wiring and make sure its wired rite.if you have a radix call magnacharger get the number from the website and ask for tim at parts department he will hook you up. :cheers:

As I recall, the intercooler pump is relayed off the fuel pump circuit. So if it was working fine in the past, then the relay has probably gone bad. The relays are pretty generic, you could probably find them at an autoparts store. A real autoparts store, that is. I don't know that a Pep Boys or Kragen type place would have it, but they might.

If this is a new install, check your wiring to make sure you tapped into the correct circuit. It needs to be a line that goes off when the engine goes off (just like the stock fuel pump).

same exact thing happened to me word for word... it is a 3 dollar relay you can pick up anywhere... it is most likely located in your fuse box underneath... if they mount it upside down, flip it over so it is facing down... or get it replaced... it is a mini relay you can buy at any auto parts store and will take you 5 minutes to install... dont bother calling MGSN...

this is an easy fix.... but yea it drained my battery as well...