Rifle Enthusiasts Come On In

Holty

I'm looking for some opinions on the AR-15 rifles. I've been looking at them for quite some time and would like to know if anyone has any recomendations. The two i like the most are the DPMS and the Bushmaster but i really want it in a .308 which bushmaster does not offer. Please discuss.

I'm looking for some opinions on the AR-15 rifles. I've been looking at them for quite some time and would like to know if anyone has any recomendations. The two i like the most are the DPMS and the Bushmaster but i really want it in a .308 which bushmaster does not offer. Please discuss.

Armalite makes the best AR especially the .308

DPMS and Bushmaster are within 100$ in quality in my opinion.

My personal AR is a Pre Ban Colt lower with a bushmaster Custom Upper. Soon to be suppressed.

I have sold many DPMS and Bushmaster guns. I would buy the DPMS for the cost. .308 is definitely armalite.

I have shot so many AR's and M16s it is very hard for the plinker to tell the difference in them..

My first Army Reserve issue was a GM Hydromatic . Shot flawlessly. It didn't even have any bluing left on it and looked like pure hell.

My basic training issue was a bran new gun with 3 round burst.

The 7.62 is a good choice. I don't know that I would buy DPMS or Bushmaster, but they are cheaper than my alternatives. Armalite makes a good weapon, but the best are made by Stoner or Knight's Armament.

Stoner/Knights has been making special sniper rifles of the AR type in 7.62mm for elite forces for years. Some examples are the SR25 and MK11. They are currently under contract to make the new standard sniper rifle for the Army and other military forces which will slowly phase out the old M24 system based on the Remington 700 action in 7.62. The new rifle is also 7.62 and is called the XM110, and is awesome. I would love to have one, but I suspect when they hit the civilian market they are going to be north of 4 grand.

Hope this helps.

Mike

i just bought the armalite ar-10 with the 20 inch tripple lapped target barrel. So far i love the gun, but it is my 1st gun in the AR series so i am learning. I just put a new designed timney trigger in it and the trigger pull is great now. I'm actually the 1st in the country to have this trigger. for target shooting it's great, but for hunting it's a little heavy to carry. However i carried it for the first time this year and got 2 deer with it.

Brad

All

http://www.armalite.com/Categories2.aspx?C...a0-49488ec48776

best for target

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item...a0-49488ec48776

best for hunting IMO

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item...a0-49488ec48776

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

i was told by my gunsmith that the quality of the armalite is the best no questions asked....He said a lot of times on other brands the pins don't line up right that pivot the upper half from the lower, he said he's seen dpms guns that you have to knock the pins out with a small hammer, but the armalite's are perfect every time. Armalite is also the only one with a lifetime warrenty i think, also they use a forged AL receiver not cast like other makes...much stronger. also the armalite is a lapped barrel and the dpms is button rifled..not that that is bad, it's just not lapped

DPMS

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?pro...52&cat=1737

note the receiver and barrel

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)