2004 Zippy Tuned Pcm 75shipped

slowmofo

its going to need a crank relearn no matter what it goes into. They can be done in seconds by any dealership.

Why would it need a crank re-learn? I thought the PCM's were plug 'n play, provided they were "mapped" for your particular mods?

When i put it in my truck it did not need a crank relearn, it did need a key relearn.

Okay, what's a key relearn? I just got my wait4me PCM in...

Also, will the truck run bad until the crank relearn is done? TIA!!!

key relearn is usually a procedure you have to do one time for your truck to learn a new PCm sorta speak. You try to start it and leave the key in the on position for like 30 sec. and repeat 3 times and on 4th try your truck should fire up.

Okay, I found this in the archives:

"ATTENTION: Your vehicle may not start unless this procedure is performed.

GM introduced an anti-theft system in 1996 and newer vehicles.

In order for your vehicle to start, you must perform the passkey relearn procedure.

If your vehicle’s battery is low, it is recommended a battery charger be hooked up at this time.

This Procedure will take approximately 20-30 minutes.

After your PCM is installed, please perform the following.

You may want to be outside your vehicle so shut the door, roll down the window.

PROCEDURE:

Insert key, attempt to start the vehicle and leave the key in the ON position.

In some vehicles, the Battery and Security light will blink for several seconds, and then shut off. Then the Security light will then remain ON. Leave the ignition ON until the Security light goes OFF. This will take more than 5 mins.

When the Security light goes OFF, turn the ignition to the OFF position.

Leave ignition OFF for 20 Seconds.

Attempt to start the vehicle again and leave the key in the ON position.

In some vehicles, the Battery and Security light will blink for several seconds, and then shut off. Then the Security light will then remain ON. Leave the ignition ON until the Security light goes OFF. This will take more than 5 mins.

Turn the ignition to the OFF position for 20 Seconds.

Attempt to start the vehicle again and leave the key in the ON position.

Once this entire procedure has been completed (three times) your vehicle will start on the fourth attempt.

Note: Some vehicles perform the relearn in a different sequence. You may notice your security light, battery light and abs light will alternate. Once the security light is left out of the sequence that is considered one step. Repeat the procedure two more times and on the fourth time your vehicle will start.

FAQs:

- The procedure was just completed now my car is making a clicking noise when I attempt to start it.

Your battery may have become too weak to crank the engine over.

- I performed the procedure and my vehicle still doesn’t start

Please repeat the procedure again.

210-626-0278 "