2004 Rear End

I'm looking to do a swap and need to know if the ss ever had a 14bolt 9.5inch with disc brakes. If so what year. Thanks

As far as I know, only RWD SSSs 2005 1/2 through 2006 had a 14 bolt RE w/drum brakes.......If I am not mistaken AWD SSSs 2003 through 2005 had a 10 bolt RE w/disc brakes :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

The 08 vortec max has discs. I had the swap done on my 04 truck two months ago.everything bolted up. I got the 4:10 gears too.

Where did you come across that rear end? That would be awsome if i could score one of them

So the driveshaft fit lenght and universal size.

I had to buy a new one from GM. I had already replaced two separate carriers in the 10 bolt already.

The driveshaft and all lines bolted right up. i did have to get a different rear u-joint though.

Can you give me that number for the rear end ive tried several dealers and they arent willing to look the just want a vin or part number.

Next step would be manager but a part number would be much eaiser. Thanks in advanced