Tune Necessary?

stoutss

I installed a corsa sport exhaust system and was wondering if I would gain anything if I had my pcm re-tuned because of this bolt on. I tried searching but couldn’t find anything. It's probably not necessary but thought I would see what you guys thought.

i think it would help even tho you only have exhaust. I say go for it and if you get a mail order tune from Charlie Wheatley (gowheatley.com) you can get all mods you add on later tuned into your pcm for free i think

Well I already have a mail order tune from pcmforless but I just added the exhaust to the truck after i had it tuned.

Well I already have a mail order tune from pcmforless but I just added the exhaust to the truck after i had it tuned.

oh... i didnt realize you already had a performance tune. It definatley wont hurt anything but im not real sure how much you could gain from it.

if you get a mail order tune from Charlie Wheatley (gowheatley.com) you can get all mods you add on later tuned into your pcm for free i think

:withstupid: Charlie does offer free lifetime updates, his tunes are awesome! :thumbs: No need to re-tune for a cat-back though, wait until you get more mods. :chevy:

i saw a thread on another forum stating he doesnt offer free upgrades any more.

surely thats for new customers...if you tell somebody free upgrades and they buy your product...I wouldn't imagine you could go back and say, nah nevermind pay for upgrades.

Ok here is a statement from Wheatley on another site

"The retune fee is for new customers.

I will not charge past customers as free retunes was the deal and that is the way it will stay for yall

Yes I changed it from 50.00 to 40.00 to give alittle break.

I do not have a problem retuning but when people come in wanting a retune because of spark plugs wires were changed then something had to change.LOL"

I will not charge past customers as free retunes was the deal and that is the way it will stay for yall

I do not have a problem retuning but when people come in wanting a retune because of spark plugs wires were changed then something had to change.LOL"

Sounds about right... :P

surely thats for new customers...if you tell somebody free upgrades and they buy your product...I wouldn't imagine you could go back and say, nah nevermind pay for upgrades.

yeah he posted on another site that for all new customers it will be $40 for a retune.

Thanks for the info brad :chevy: