What Brand Of Fuel Does Everyone Use?

YenkoChevelle69

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay away from Sama club/walmart gas..they water it down so uch it screwed my truck up until i figured out what the problem was...their gas.

Only Shell/Chevron now

Could be a cheaper blend that your truck doesn't run well on. They can't water it down. It would ruin any engine almost immediately. Octane and quality are federally regulated. If you really suspect their gas is watered down or thinned in any way you should report them. My wife works for one of the major fuel suppliers in our area and believe me, it all comes out of the same tap. Some companies require different additives which can cause your vehicle to run differently but the basic gasoline is the same.

I usually use Sunoco or Firebird (independant). Whichever is cheaper.

frack, i wish we had 93 out here. Best thing on average is 91 at the pump. Though a few places sell 100, at 6.99 a gallon.

For what its worth though the truck seems to like Chevron 91 better than 76

:withstupid:

Nothing higher than 91 here in Idaho either. I always use Chevron 91 octane. That gas is wonderful. It won't go bad, and I never have to add Heet.

I have let it sit in lawnmowers, weedeaters, snowblowers, dirt bikes, four wheelers, street bikes, etc for long periods of time without problems. I think the gas in our four wheeler is two years old and it still fires right up.

When I traveled back to Florida for two weeks this summer, even the Chevron stations had 93 octane. Someone told me (which doesn't make it true LOL) that the 93 octane in Florida is the same gas as the 91 octane in Idaho, but in Idaho it is downrated because of the altitude. Both are marketed as "supreme."

Mike

Could be a cheaper blend that your truck doesn't run well on. They can't water it down. It would ruin any engine almost immediately. Octane and quality are federally regulated. If you really suspect their gas is watered down or thinned in any way you should report them. My wife works for one of the major fuel suppliers in our area and believe me, it all comes out of the same tap. Some companies require different additives which can cause your vehicle to run differently but the basic gasoline is the same.

I have seen shows about how they thin it with oil or water as much as they can. You dont understand how bad my ruck ran on this stuff.

I heard the same thing about it all coming out of the same tap. A friend of mind hauled fuel from Seattle area to the Okanogan Valley and he said the only difference is the drivers would pour their respective companys "special sauce" in each tanker load.

The fuel I run is 92 octane provided by our local Ag Supply Co. I run it in all of my vehicles and boat and we also use it in all of our patrol cars at the PD too and have never had a bad fuel problem.

I have seen shows about how they thin it with oil or water as much as they can. You dont understand how bad my ruck ran on this stuff.

Anythings possible. Call your state or federal regulators if you think they're thinning it. The fines are MASSIVE. I called on a local station here cause everytime you started the pump it showed .04 cents before you even started pumping. Not much but after a few thousand cars, it adds up. Found out later that they were checked and turns out they had been that way for months. Station got nearly $500,000 in fines. (They are still appealling it.)