Kicker Cvr12

Whats the point of that exactly?? Aside from that how do you like them? any pics of em in your truck??

no pics im at work...there in a standard box wrapped in stainless steel, As for the point? im not sure lol i bought one that was a 2 ohm when i only had one in my truck THEN i bought another one that was four ohms. and i love em.

no pics im at work...there in a standard box wrapped in stainless steel, As for the point? im not sure lol i bought one that was a 2 ohm when i only had one in my truck THEN i bought another one that was four ohms. and i love em.

so it really wont matter if i get 2 or 4ohm pretty much...I'd love to see pics when you get a chance...Stainless steel box sounds dope

LMAO - wow

yes it matters, depends on the amp you are going to run them with.

please do continue to LYOA.... :jester: .......but thanks......considering im still not sure what amp I will be using what would be the safer choice to go with?

That really depends on how much power your amp can provide and how you plan on wiring your subs. If they are the 12" CVRs that I have seen, then they are Dual Voice Coil, which gives you several options for wiring them. Each sub is rated at 400 watts RMS, so together you will have 800 watts RMS. With 2ohm DVC you can wire each speaker to present a 4ohm (series)or 1ohm (parallel) load. With 4ohm DVC you can wire each speaker to 8ohms or 2ohms. Whichever configuration you choose to go with will leave you with the option of wiring your speakers in series or parallel. Should you choose the 2ohm dvc, your total load can be 0.5ohms, 2ohms, 8ohms, and should you choose the 4ohm dvc, your total load can be 1ohm, 4ohms, or 16 ohms. The total load you will present is something to take into consideration when choosing an amp. An amp will produce power depending on the size of the load applied. Most power ratings on amps are taken at 4ohms, but that same amp will provide more power with a 2ohm load, and as the size of the load decreases the power increases. However, amps are only stable to a certain load. I will use my amp as an example: at 4 ohms, it can produce 500 watts RMS. At 2 ohms, it can produce 900 watts RMS. BUT it is not stable below 2ohms, meaning it will overheat, shut off, etc...

I don't know if you wanted to hear all that but it might help you decide on the 2- or 4-ohm sub, as well as what to look for in a amp.

Edited by E-man (see edit history)

That really depends on how much power your amp can provide and how you plan on wiring your subs. If they are the 12" CVRs that I have seen, then they are Dual Voice Coil, which gives you several options for wiring them. Each sub is rated at 400 watts RMS, so together you will have 800 watts RMS. With 2ohm DVC you can wire each speaker to present a 4ohm (series)or 1ohm (parallel) load. With 4ohm DVC you can wire each speaker to 8ohms or 2ohms. Whichever configuration you choose to go with will leave you with the option of wiring your speakers in series or parallel. Should you choose the 2ohm dvc, your total load can be 0.5ohms, 2ohms, 8ohms, and should you choose the 4ohm dvc, your total load can be 1ohm, 4ohms, or 16 ohms. The total load you will present is something to take into consideration when choosing an amp. An amp will produce power depending on the size of the load applied. Most power ratings on amps are taken at 4ohms, but that same amp will provide more power with a 2ohm load, and as the size of the load decreases the power increases. However, amps are only stable to a certain load. I will use my amp as an example: at 4 ohms, it can produce 500 watts RMS. At 2 ohms, it can produce 900 watts RMS. BUT it is not stable below 2ohms, meaning it will overheat, shut off, etc...

I don't know if you wanted to hear all that but it might help you decide on the 2- or 4-ohm sub, as well as what to look for in a amp.

Exactly what i was looking for...thank you........and considering i will most likely be using the JL 1000w amp then 4ohms it is.