2nd Gear "only" Trans Slip

Just recently noticed a slip in the tranny in 2 gear only....slips for a couple of seconds then catches. This is only once I am already going and give it PART throttle. If I take off from a dead stop and run first of to redline and stay in it slams into 2nd hard like it always has with NO slip...?? Again this is the only gear it happens in and DOES NOT do it unless I have just shifted into second cruising slow and get into the throttle some.

The trans is built with high end hard parts along with a zpak set of clutches.

I am thinking maybe the pressure regulator for 2nd is going out..???

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance :chevy:

There is no such thing as a pressure regulator for second gear. The PR is in the pump and is used in all gears. I would have to bet that the band is damaged or you have a cracked 1-2 accumulator piston or both. I would get in touch with your builder and go from there. Vince

There is no such thing as a pressure regulator for second gear. The PR is in the pump and is used in all gears. I would have to bet that the band is damaged or you have a cracked 1-2 accumulator piston or both. I would get in touch with your builder and go from there. Vince

Well maybe not regulator, but isn't there some kind of solenoid or something that goes bad?

I would have to agree with Vince, the band is likely getting weak. When you are on the throttle hard there is alot more pressure on the band to apply it, but under light throttle less pressure is used and likely causing the slip. If the regulator you're referring to is the force motor (also called the epc valve), that will cause either harsh shifts or very sloppy shifts.