Jeep Grand Cherokee

chevygal

Chevygal,

I have the TBSS, and I LOVE it! I love driving it so much that it got me 3 speeding tickets in a matter of 5 months! lol :jester: Depending if you are trading in your SSS or just adding an additional vehicle to your garage, the TBSS is an awesome choice! If you have any questions about it feel free to ask here or PM me. I'll tell ya one thing though - the God Mods were way more generous with the LS2 than the hemi 6.1L or whatever engine is in that SRT8 GC.

I'm am thinking more and more about the TBSS now. I will be taking the SSS this weekend for a wash/hand wax at the local dealer I use and see if we can do some talking. If not, I'll go back to my regular dealer in Nashua. He gave me an excellent deal in the Silverado. If they can keep things at what I've got left to finance now, which is $10,000, then a TBSS will be in my future!

Back in the spring time I looked at a black 05 limited with the hemi v8, still had the factory plastic covering everything. To tell you the truth, I hatted it. I liked the looks of the outside and the chrome it had looked good with the shinny black paint, but the inside was ugly. It had the nice heated leather but they were rock hard and I could not stand the layout of the dash and the looks of it, this one had the touch screen NAV system with backup camera. There also was like no room in the rear cargo area, its all cut out with that rear sloping roof.

I also have know people with them in the past and present and so far I have not heard one good thing about them. Now I have heard people with the Cherokee Classics say nothing but good things about those.

This is like the Price is Right, lol. I wish they'd upgrade our SSs. Then it would be a no brainer. It seems like everyone on the block is getting faster than our trucks. I'm not all that keen on modding mine. Too many problems later on. Plus, I've got the extended warranty and I don't want any hassels with that. I'll probably keep the SS for now. It's almost paid for anyway. I just liked the idea of something a little easier to maneuver but in that respect, I could always go with a TBSS!
I was going to suggest a TBSS.

It is the SRT8. I should have clarified that. Sorry. I'm not serious about it yet but it looks sharp. Only problem is if I'm not able to enjoy the SS's speed, what am I going to do with 425hp? I'll be in jail, lol. I love my SS but sometimes it's a pain trying to park it and I hardly use the space in the bed except when I go skiing. Oh well, for now I'll just keep my eyes on my SS and stop flirting with other vehicles.

I know you mentioned towing in the original post:

Not sure about the towing, though I am not towing anything right now either but I like to have the option.

The SRT8 has no towing capacity to speak of, so if thats a factor maybe look at a TBSS instead. Dodge decided to put those sweet looking dual exhaust tips where the hitch would have been. After driving both the JGCSRT8 and the TBSS it was a pretty easy decision to make for me.

Whats the point of having all that HP in an SUV if you don't have SOME utility left... plus the JGC interior was just uncomfortable for my 6'2" frame.

Is the TBSS not an option?? Seems like it would be considering you want something the size of the JGC, don't need 425hp (390 in the TBSS) and you'll still have the ability to tow a full load if the need ever arises.