Guessing About New Noise?

Recently I've developed a new noise that sounds like it's coming from the front end. It's a very subtle scraping or light grinding noise that appears after I'm slightly warmed up. It only appears while I'm moving so it is something driveline related. At 40k of mostly city driving I was hoping that it was time for new brakes but I don't think that's it. Anyways, I will eventually take it in to get checked out but I'd like to go in with some educated guesses. Thoughts anyone?

Regards,

Dan :confused:

Sounds like brake drag to me.........you probably have a rotor that is slightly warped and is making contact with the pad ever so slightly as you drive. Do you have a slight pulse in the brake pedal at higher speeds? :chevy:

Yes the brakes are pulsing slightly. I'm getting ready to do some braided lines and Baers. Hopefully I'll kill two birds with one stone. I was alittle concerned that I might be losing a carrier bearing or something similar.

Regards,

Dan

Yes the brakes are pulsing slightly. I'm getting ready to do some braided lines and Baers. Hopefully I'll kill two birds with one stone. I was alittle concerned that I might be losing a carrier bearing or something similar.

Regards,

Dan

Had the dealer check out my truck. They said driver's side, rear, inside pad is almost down to the metal. Odd for 40k?

Regards,

Dan

May be just the front end part of the driveline making it's normal noise, which is a draw back of AWD. Does it tend to do more so when your coasting, and off of the gas, and if you step on the gas, does the noise go away?

I actually came here to ask that very question. Sorry to hijack but as im driving if I let off the gas I hear a slight "growlin" noise apply gas and it goes away? it an 04 with 37k on it. I chenged the oil in the diff say 3 months/1500miles ago. I used redline also. So what gives?

Had the dealer check out my truck. They said driver's side, rear, inside pad is almost down to the metal. Odd for 40k?

Regards,

Dan

When I bought my truck it only han 19,000 miles and the dealer had to replace the rear brakes, and the left rear was almost down to metal

I actually came here to ask that very question. Sorry to hijack but as im driving if I let off the gas I hear a slight "growlin" noise apply gas and it goes away? it an 04 with 37k on it. I chenged the oil in the diff say 3 months/1500miles ago. I used redline also. So what gives?

sounds like the front diff needs to be overhauled :chevy:

i had to have the carrier bearing in the front diff. done in mine at about 25,000 miles. if you hear kindof a howling/grind when you turn at low speeds with your foot off the gas, thats what it is. im at 75,000 miles now and im going back to the dealer tomorrow to have em fix it again. dont know what the cost is, mine is covered under extended gm warranty.