Hit A Deer... Advise

SlowSierraSS

Well I was driving along and of corse a deer decided to cross the road at the same time :mad: I hit the breaks but did not swerve or anything because I didnt want to hit a mailbox or roll the SSS. It is an 04 SSS red with only 30k on it. It looks like it barely did anything. It broke the tab on the driver fog light bezel/grey grate thing, very minorly cracked the bumper where the lower bumper grill and the upper big portion of the bumper meet which is the spot they leave black so it is not noticable, cracked the plastic inner wheel plastic and the bumper to fender gap filler, cracked the mounting tab on the headlight, and seems that it messed up one of my aftermarket giovanni rims.

What should I do, and how should I go about talking to the WOMAN that is meeting me later this week to check it out? There is so much aftermarket junk out there that I dont want on my truck in place of the factory parts.

Also if anyone has a link or the parts themselves I need that driver grey fog bezzel, red factory bumper and that is about it. Thanks for the help in advance.

I really don't know what to tell you, mostly cause I wouldn't involve the insurance company if the truck is still driveable, and the repairs are not an emergency.

On a side note, sounds like the exact same damage done to my SSS, except my wheels were fine, and I broke one of my PIAA lights.

Edited by FireRescueSS (see edit history)

fair and honest. Don't let the WOMAN get you all worked up. There is very little judgement it sounds like. Should be pretty black and white. I would suggest getting WRITTEN prices on everything prior to inspection so you have a basis to judge if the assessment is fair or not. I surely hope you are not serious about the WOMAN comment, if so that is pretty lame man.

I surely hope you are not serious about the WOMAN comment, if so that is pretty lame man.

I didnt mean anything by it. They really know their stuff and when it comes to their job they get it done right. Hopefully she will work with me. The only time I had a guy adjuster he told me that he didnt have a clue about the specific machine which would of been my snowmobile.

Why would you not go with caliming it through insurance? Just wondering because it came to near $2000 with the rim.

When i wrecked my SS it was a pretty straight forward process. the adjuster came and looked at the damage, then punched it into his computer and it spit out a list of all the parts with prices. The only thing I would recommend is that you take it to a reputable garage. I took mine to one know for its good work, and they were certified to work on Mercedes and BMWs. If the insurance woman recommends a garage, I would go check it out before telling her you are ok with that garage. I have Allstate insurance, and the adjuster showed me the list of garages Allstate dealt with in my area, and I immediately knew two of them were awful. T

Im going thru the same thing....but alot worse than yours. Mine was $4500. Itd be totally stupid to not claim it. I have Allstate. Since it was a deer, it was comprehensive. $250 deductible, that I still dont have to pay cuz my body shop is working with me. I took it to him before I took to insurance. His est. was pushing $1000 more than insurance. They missed shit, so saying they know they're stuff is a bit of an overstatment in my experience. Some states are different, but around here, if the vehicle is less than 5 years old, they HAVE to use factory parts, not aftermarket. Now with you, no one makes the actual SSS setup aftermarket. Yes they have the Street Scene cover, which is what I have, but thats nowhere close to factory components. You dont need to worry about that. Just make sure you have a trustworthy bodyshop, get prices of the stuff you put on, recent prices if you did it a while ago. i did all my work 3 years ago and alot of my stuff went up about $75, each. If you have good insurance and a good bodyshop, it should be pretty straight forward and painless.

I wrote insurance for nationwide for a few years, just make sure you throw out the fact that they are bound by total indemnity, meaning they have to replace it back to factory specs. I hit a deer with my regular silverado and it was like 5k, it is a comprehensive claim meaning that it's just like a hail storm and shouldn't affect you premiums. Collisions with a live animal don't count against you, if you swerve and hit the mailbox then thats your butt though. I tried to have my bumper and stuff replaced with the factory SS stuff but you have to have a ss VIN just to buy it, so they wouldn't do it. I had the Street Scene cover put on though so it looks ok and it fit well. You don't really have too much to worry about though, with todays collision estimating software your VIN is going to get you back to the whole "total indemnity " thing. I'd use a reputable chevy dealer that is part of their collision repair network though so they guarantee the fit and finish through the life of the truck. I was licensed in 26 states so you are pretty safe on the comprehensive claim part and if they give you any crap give em my cell I'll talk to em 318-344-5367

Paul

:withstupid:

In fact, it is HARD for any adjuster to catch ALL the parts it will take to fix ur truck. After the dealership/body shop starts working on your truck they will more than likely find 2-3 more parts they need. They will then send a supplimental estimate to your insurance company, which will get approved in a day's time. It will all work out bro... :thumbs: