Guage Cluster Letter.

04silveradoclone07ss

i just got a letter in the mail today sayin that my 04 silverado might have a problem with the guage cluster. and that if i experience any problems to take it to the dealer and have it fixed for free. and also if i already did this they would send out a check for the services i paid for...i havent had any problems so far but wouldnt mind making up a few to get a new one becuase i know once i run over 7 years mine will go bye bye and i can warranty it anymore...anyone else get this letter??

Looks like it's only an 04 thing, I have an 03 SS that the Speedo is going nuts on and the dealer said they don't any info on a recall for it.

call a diff dealer...they are doing what they are calling a blanket recall on them...meaning if you are under 70,000 miles then you are more then likely eligable for it...i had to call and give him the last 8 digits of my VIN and he looked it up and said mine was one of the ones on the recall...but he also said i am going to lose my truck for 1-3 days....ouch

call a diff dealer...they are doing what they are calling a blanket recall on them...meaning if you are under 70,000 miles then you are more then likely eligable for it...i had to call and give him the last 8 digits of my VIN and he looked it up and said mine was one of the ones on the recall...but he also said i am going to lose my truck for 1-3 days....ouch

I dont get it, why can it take them up to 3 days just to put a new gauge cluster in? I had to get one earlier this year and I was in and out within an hour.

Oh, and I never got no such letter in the mail.

• 2 months later...

I got my letter some time ago and finally made time this week to get the process of replacement started. I got the warranty on order on Tuesday and get a call Friday saying that I could get the work done on Saturday. I was in and out in about 1.5 hours. It would have been quicker, but the truck drew a crowd of Tech's talking about the Supercharger. LoL.

Service manager said that the Letter was NOT required for this warranty to be done. It is great to have all the cluster working again as the oil pressure guage was the last thing that went bad.

Later

CD