Temp. Reading In Rearview Messed Up...

Kim

Okay...I got my truck back. Everythings cool except for a bad leak in the back window(taking it back to the shop next week) and my thermometer in the rearview is really messed up. When I sit and idle it keeps climbing. It made it to 128 the other day and it was like 40 outside. I know how to calibrate the compass, but is there anything I can do to fix the temperature reading, or am I going to have to take it to the dealer?

they probably put the ambient air sensor inside the engine compartment. or between the trans cooler and a/c condenser, rather than in front of the trans cooler

good to know you're back in action. :thumbs:

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

Hey...as soon as the leak and thermometer are fixed it will be perfect. :smash: You should see the paint job on this baby. I thought the dude repainted the whole truck, but he had just waxed and buffed the hell out of it. :seeya:

Glad you're back on the road Kim - the sending unit for the outside temp is located on the driver's side of the transmission cooler, easily replaced so yeah I would go back down to the body shop and make them order you a new one and swap them out. Look through the grille and you will see its green top:

trucool1.jpg

Mr. P. :)

Kim, I agree with everyone else, something is up with your sensor.

I do have a question, how does one calibrate the compass?

BTW, Good to see ya back!

you'll get dizzy...

:withstupid:

You hold in the power button till calibrate shows up in the mirror and then you drive in circles at like 5mph...I think...I'm going to fell really stupid if thats wrong :idiot:

Glad you're back on the road Kim - the sending unit for the outside temp is located on the driver's side of the transmission cooler, easily replaced so yeah I would go back down to the body shop and make them order you a new one and swap them out. Look through the grille and you will see its green top:

trucool1.jpg

Mr. P. :)

Thanks P. :seeya: I love picture instructions :smash: