On The Fence About Getting A Bike

06redSSrwd

Well my intent is to have it to cruise. I have no interest in constantly going at high speeds and/or even getting onto the highway. The majority of bad bike crashes is on the highway. Anyway that's what I say now but there will be a day I'll try it when I get comfortable. Either way for now I know I won't, I'm also a very reserved and responsible person so I will really have my head on when I ride (and my helmet and my gear). It's just the whole parents things...I can't do it to them

ES :flag:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my intent is to have it to cruise. I have no interest in constantly going at high speeds and/or even getting onto the highway. The majority of bad bike crashes is on the highway. Anyway that's what I say now but there will be a day I'll try it when I get comfortable. Either way for now I know I won't, I'm also a very reserved and responsible person so I will really have my head on when I ride (and my helmet and my gear). It's just the whole parents things...I can't do it to them

holy crap :crazy: thats gotta be a new record.

respect the bike and the power and you will be good. I would say buy a used one as well just to get use to but I cant say much when I bought my first bike I went big with a ZX-9. No accidents on my part but did get pretty stupid on it at times, esp on the highway when you can be doing 80mph then crack the throttle and your at 120 in a matter of seconds. Only reason I got rid of my bikes was because my buddies were all crashing around me. Just be safe either way and get all the gear.

You should definaltely buy a used one for your first bike cuz you are going to lay it down guaranteed. I have been riding for 7 years now and i layed my first one down and totalled my second 750 cuz i thought i was an expert and now i have a some nice scars because of my lack of repect, Anyways long story short i say go for it just get a used 600 first and also definately take the safety course and please use a helmet trust me i am alive because they work.

ive wanted one forever....but everytime i get serious about buying one.... i always back out....and im glad i do. ive seen too many of my friends buried bc of crotch rockets...ive rode and crashed them. it is a fact you WILL be stupid on them its too hard not to....they do 0-60 in like 2 seconds.....ive wrecked one doing about 65 in a corner and hit a barb wire fence...my shin hit the post and about ripped my leg off...i had about 180 stitches in my leg and totalled a bike with 2800 miles on it (was a friends) its not just the bike u have to worry about its the OTHER STUPID ASS DRIVERS and no saftey class can teach you how to avoid stupid ass drivers.

just my 2 cents

ive wanted one forever....but everytime i get serious about buying one.... i always back out....and im glad i do. ive seen too many of my friends buried bc of crotch rockets...ive rode and crashed them. it is a fact you WILL be stupid on them its too hard not to....they do 0-60 in like 2 seconds.....ive wrecked one doing about 65 in a corner and hit a barb wire fence...my shin hit the post and about ripped my leg off...i had about 180 stitches in my leg and totalled a bike with 2800 miles on it (was a friends) its not just the bike u have to worry about its the OTHER STUPID ASS DRIVERS and no saftey class can teach you how to avoid stupid ass drivers.

just my 2 cents

:withstupid: If you live in a driver's Utopia where there are no drunk or dumb ass drivers, I say go for it. I doubt such a place exists, so I say based on the fact that you have to hide it from your folks, you should forget the bike and spend the money on the SS. There have been too many bike-related deaths in my area, most due to drunk drivers, and there's no tellin if something will happen in one of those instances that you decide to just "cruise".