Cat Code Is Back...got A Few Question

SSThunder

OK. I removed the rear driver side o2 sensor and cleaned it weeks ago. Since then the low emissions cat code hasn't popped up till yesterday. I can probably clean the sensor again and the code will go away. My questions is this. Is the o2 sensor the problem or is it the cat? I would think it's the sensor getting dirty and maybe after I flash my new tune the problem might go away. Can I switch the driver-side and passen-side rear o2 sensors to make sure the cat is the problem? I don't want to gut my cats if I don't have to because it would be a huge PITA!!. The trans shop that did my trans work put the cats back on with air tools so I couldn't even remove the driver side cat when I tried. What do you guys think?

OK. Here's the DTC straight form HP tuners pro:

P0420 Catalyst system low efficiency(SES) (OLD) (HISTORY) (Immature)

Can I swith rear o2 sensors to test the driver side sensor to make sure the sensor is bad? Would I get a different code if say the driver side rear o2 was bad and I moved it to the passenger side rear o2? The DTC seems kind of generic so that's why I'm asking. If the P0420 is specific to the driver side rear o2 then that would be good to know.

Thanks All

I'm going to guess it's your cat(s) that are the problem. I had the exact same code when mine were clogged. I bought new sensors thinking that was the problem bc they were old and I still got the same code. I'd gut the cats and have the rear sensors cut off like others have said.

Doesn't the P0420 code also reads bank 1 or bank 2? I thought that told you whether it was the driver or passenger side...

I'm going to guess it's your cat(s) that are the problem. I had the exact same code when mine were clogged. I bought new sensors thinking that was the problem bc they were old and I still got the same code. I'd gut the cats and have the rear sensors cut off like others have said.

Doesn't the P0420 code also reads bank 1 or bank 2? I thought that told you whether it was the driver or passenger side...

Does anybody know if the code tells you which o2 or cat is bad? I was thinking it might be sensor related because I cleaned the sensor and the code didn't come back for awhile.