MOTORTREND TRUCK OF THE YEAR

99Xtreme

Well Dodge won the or Truck of the Year,but what im interested in is the numbers they get from the SS.If you check out Motortrends website and go to the behind the scenes article you will notice a Arrival Blue SS being ran thru the slalom.So it looks like the actual performance numbers will be out in about 2 or 3 weeks when the new Motortrend comes out.I cant wait to read the article,because I drove an 03 Dodge HD and wasnt that impressed.Oyeah and I finally drove a Silverado with Quadrasteer,WOW.The first couple minutes it didnt feel natural,but after I got use to it I loved it. :chevy::thumbs:

I kinda thought the magazines must have some SS in their hands by now. I seem to recall they have 3 month lead times and I am sure Chevy wants the magazine articles to show up about the same time or shortly after the release of the SS.

I tell you what that SS looks like it was boogying thru the slalom pretty good.I honestly think one of the GM twins shoulda won,they are bring out technology that know other brand has on lightduty trucks.Quadrasteer and Stabilatrak are options no other company offers in their trucks and suv's.GM was the first with XM radio,now everybody has it as an option.Look at tow/haul on the trannys at GM.Furd is just now bringing the same thing out on there 03 SD,and I dont think Dardge has something like it.GM's had it since 99.I better stop ramblin on.The one thing about Dodge that scares me is now their saying their working on a Hemi V10 and the possibility of a SRT10 Quad Cab.Hmmmm,a sport truck with a backseat,where did they get that idea from??? :chevy:

Compare the body roll between the SS and the Toy Yoda :cool:

And look at the way the the drivers side front tire is bending under on the Toy Yoda. Which truck would you rather be in while making a hard turn? :chevy:

112_0212_btstoy15_z.jpg

112_0212_btstoy17_z.jpg

Archived