Cowl Hoods

Rays B4U

I posted about these hoods a couple of years ago; at the time my son was looking at them for his 78 Chev PU but he never got around to buying one. So my question is; Has anyone seen one to know what the quality and fit & finish is like on them? They don't show a manufacturer but here is a link to the hoods, they are located in Mesa, AZ.

I posted about these hoods a couple of years ago; at the time my son was looking at them for his 78 Chev PU but he never got around to buying one. So my question is; Has anyone seen one to know what the quality and fit & finish is like on them? They don't show a manufacturer but here is a link to the hoods, they are located in Mesa, AZ.

I'll stick with Goodmark....

that looks like the same hood i have, but that particular hood looks to be a 99-02 style.

they're made by goodmark's off brand.. plonex international if i remember correctly, same company basically. same fit and finish as the goodmarks.

i like them better then the goodmarks because the cowl isn't as wide/bulky and the transition is smoother. also the center cutout in the cowl lines up with the grille bowtie nicely.

CIMG2470.jpg

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

that looks like the same hood i have, but that particular hood looks to be a 99-02 style.

they're made by goodmark's off brand.. plonex international if i remember correctly, same company basically. same fit and finish as the goodmarks.

i like them better then the goodmarks because the cowl isn't as wide/bulky and the transition is smoother. also the center cutout in the cowl lines up with the grille bowtie nicely.

CIMG2470.jpg

:omg: if that's the same hood I'll be ordering one shortly, it looks awesome!

Ray...if you get it let us know how the fit and everything is. IF it is the same as XLR8's I will prolly look into getting one too. I actually like the looks more than the Goodmarks! :cheers:

I sent them an email asking who makes the hoods, we'll see if they answer me.