90 And 100mm Pulley And Gatorback Belt

i'm curious as to how you did that. Is that not the new bracket set up by Radix? The only way I got that combo to work properly was to use the 100mm on the alternator sida and the 90mm as the tensioner. The 90 kept hitting the btacket on the altenator side. I also had to put the spacer in from the front. If i put it in from the backside like your supposed to do the pulley would spin freely but the belt was cocked and only able to grab 1/2 the belt. Now that I flipped the 100 and the 90 the belt is fully on the pulley but i still had to flip the spacer and use 1 washer on the backside.

I think after looking at the pic longer it doesnt look as if you have the adjustable idler and i think that is what the new set ups have. I got mine finished yesterday and the slippage seems tp have disapeared to the point that i actualy hear blower whine now :) just need the weather to clear up to see what kind of boost i have now.

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

i'm curious as to how you did that. Is that not the new bracket set up by Radix? The only way I got that combo to work properly was to use the 100mm on the alternator sida and the 90mm as the tensioner. The 90 kept hitting the btacket on the altenator side. I also had to put the spacer in from the front. If i put it in from the backside like your supposed to do the pulley would spin freely but the belt was cocked and only able to grab 1/2 the belt. Now that I flipped the 100 and the 90 the belt is fully on the pulley but i still had to flip the spacer and use 1 washer on the backside.

I think after looking at the pic longer it doesnt look as if you have the adjustable idler and i think that is what the new set ups have. I got mine finished yesterday and the slippage seems tp have disapeared to the point that i actualy hear blower whine now :) just need the weather to clear up to see what kind of boost i have now.

yeah i dont think i have the new bracket because the install took me about 20 min it was verry easy and i had no problems at all.the spacer from magna was 12$ with shipping ask them to mail it in an envelope its cheaper that way.any questions hit me uppost-8882-1197767535_thumb.jpg

I just "TRIED" to install both of them, but was only able to get the 100mm on the left. Had no problems with it, but the 90 on the right caused prioblems. I guess the bolt is too short after putting the space on and it totally stripped/smoothed out the threads on the junk aluminum bracket! :mad: THe aluminum on these things is VERY soft! Magna really needs to make these things stronger....I hear of them breaking all the time. So now I am down for several more days maybe weeks with the luck I have getting in touch with them. I have emailed them several times over the past 10 days with no response...someone suggested "well it may be that you are getting cauhgt by the spam filter" ....NADA-I was aswered to IMMEDIATELY everytime I was inquiring about buying the kit about a month ago. I cannot get through on the phione either. Do any of you know how to get in touch with them? Anyone know an estimate on how much the damn things cost? Radix is about to be for sale...

I would call them. everytime i have ever called they have answered me???? As for your idler set up is it the new bracket system or old one? new has the adjustable idler to the left of the drive pulley. if so the 90 wont work on the alternator side. I had to put the 100 on the right and 90 on the left. The 90 on the right kept hitting the bracket and you couldnt suck it in far enough to get the belt on all the way. So on the right I used the spacer put in from the front and a washer on the back.

I would call them. everytime i have ever called they have answered me???? As for your idler set up is it the new bracket system or old one? new has the adjustable idler to the left of the drive pulley. if so the 90 wont work on the alternator side. I had to put the 100 on the right and 90 on the left. The 90 on the right kept hitting the bracket and you couldnt suck it in far enough to get the belt on all the way. So on the right I used the spacer put in from the front and a washer on the back.

I did not have a fitment issue...the threads got gutted. I do have the new style(only had blower 5-6 weeks) and both ways fit on mine, but thats not my problem.

I did not have a fitment issue...the threads got gutted. I do have the new style(only had blower 5-6 weeks) and both ways fit on mine, but thats not my problem.

Thats odd. Did you buy the idlers that are in the pic in this thread? If so i wonder why it had no fitment issues and mine did. :dunno:

I just "TRIED" to install both of them, but was only able to get the 100mm on the left. Had no problems with it, but the 90 on the right caused prioblems. I guess the bolt is too short after putting the space on and it totally stripped/smoothed out the threads on the junk aluminum bracket! :mad: THe aluminum on these things is VERY soft! Magna really needs to make these things stronger....I hear of them breaking all the time. So now I am down for several more days maybe weeks with the luck I have getting in touch with them. I have emailed them several times over the past 10 days with no response...someone suggested "well it may be that you are getting cauhgt by the spam filter" ....NADA-I was aswered to IMMEDIATELY everytime I was inquiring about buying the kit about a month ago. I cannot get through on the phione either. Do any of you know how to get in touch with them? Anyone know an estimate on how much the damn things cost? Radix is about to be for sale...

Like I said in the PM....call me. If I do not answer, have me paged. I spend a good amount of time on the production floor or in the engine dyno room. It sounds like you either over tightend or had a short bolt as you stated. I have given these things quite an hammering and never stripped one. The idler and tensioner bracket is just fine for what it was designed for. No need to sell it, just get it running and drive it!!!