Something Is Broken In The Motor

Simon

Comp cam has recalled all 918 springs with batch numbers listed below. Call Chris Mays at Comp Cams at 901-795-2400 extension 505 or [email protected] and they will next day updated springs. I just installed mine 3 month ago batch #049045. They will be coming out shortly.

1) 49253

2) 049045

3) 49826

4) 050808

5) 051791

I assume this information is printed on the box, right? I'll have to check mine out when I get them out of storage in the next few weeks.

I assume this information is printed on the box, right? I'll have to check mine out when I get them out of storage in the next few weeks.

Yes its right on the end of the box. If you do not have the box any of the 918s with a blue stripe on them. I thought i would get very little use out of my Crane Cams spring compressor. Guess i was wrong.

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

Just came back, it is a spring that broke and the valve is broken in two and all the parts are stuck in the head...the piston has the side of the valve nailed in and the cylinder is marked pretty bad. I think I'll need to oversize but don't know how much.

how much oversize is needed for a 370 and for a 408 and what kind of piston or overhauled stuff I need?

So sorry man, hate to hear this. :( I guess it could have been worse, at least the block is still in one piece.

Mr. P.

Yes its right on the end of the box. If you do not have the box any of the 918s with a blue stripe on them. I thought i would get very little use out of my Crane Cams spring compressor. Guess i was wrong.

Blue stripe? Damn. Looks like I've gotta change

Yes I have a blue stripe on them...

About the motor, it's gotta be more powerful for sure but it is still my DD so I don't know if 408 is too much.

Is 383 possible? I guess anything is since i'll be doing oversize and can buy the pistons for it... and maybe rods...if they are bent...

damn man, sorry to hear about this. i broke a valve spring a few weeks back, but it was just one coil off the top, so i just get a little misfire lol. (i should prob fix that LOL).

id go 408 for sure.... good injectors and good tune it will run just as good or better than what you have now. of course it will get signifigantly worse economy tho.

damn man, sorry to hear about this. i broke a valve spring a few weeks back, but it was just one coil off the top, so i just get a little misfire lol. (i should prob fix that LOL).

id go 408 for sure.... good injectors and good tune it will run just as good or better than what you have now. of course it will get signifigantly worse economy tho.

"signifigantly" ha ha

nah the solid misfire CEL is disabled, the flashing one shows up. but my exhaust makes it nice and easy to hear a miss, so i heard it before i saw the light. it does it all the time, but this makes me not wanna put comp 918s in