make your own ss?

spopey

First I would like to say this is a great site. Here is my ? I will be getting a silverado in feb. and I cant afford the ss and wouldn't pay 40 grand for a truck(that would be 70 grand in two vehicles ouch). So what mods would you do to a truck to make it fast and sweet looking. In other words make your own ss.

Thanks

buy a good exhaust (basani, gibson, magna, whatever....) for that good throaty sound... Throw in a shift kit for nice firm shifts... performance springs and such to lower it just a bit... If ou want to go crazy you can do the blowers... But i think it'd be a decent ride with all of that and still less than 40k

-Joe

I agree! Customization is an excellent way to go. Look at it this way, while thousand of others might have an SS that all look alike, you would have a fast arse truck for thousands less! I think custom trucks are sweet. I saw an 03 Silverado here in Austin yesterday with 20's, exhaust, and some other mods and it was one helluva ride.

Dude, i was just checking out what kinda ish they have out there for 5.3L ext. cab 2wdrivers.... I made a list of stuff to throw on and then compiled a reasonable est of power increase.... Given these prices are without installation, but other than the blower (and even that may be), most are pretty easy do-it-yourselfers....

BBK 80mm High-flow Throttle-body

Powerdyne 6psi blower (safe to tweek to 8-9 psi with kit)

Eibach drop kit 3" all around

GRANATELLI High-Flow Mass Air Sensor

HYPERTECH Power Programmer III

GIBSON Dual 2 1/2inch Super Truck Exit Aluminized Steel Cat Back Exhaust System

Throw on some larger injectors

and for a cost sans injectors of only $4567.59 without S+H

And thats a pretty sweet upgrade when you look at how much power all of that will do

-Joe

P.S.-I'm doing all of this on truckperformance.com

HyperTech says you can't use their programmer if you have a Granatelli due to detonation concerns, even SuperChip says a custom program would be required if you use the Granatelli. This gets expensive $400 for the granny + $450 for a custom SuperChip. :nono:

HyperTech says you can't use their programmer if you have a Granatelli due to detonation concerns, even SuperChip says a custom program would be required if you use the Granatelli. This gets expensive $400 for the granny + $450 for a custom SuperChip. :nono:

Granatelli is not a good investment. Just de-screen your stocker and keep it. There are MANY MANY problems with the Granatelli leaning out your fuel mixture. I wouldnt ever buy one....

Archived