Limp Mode.. Need Some Help

jchitwo

Need a little help, My roommates truck 2002 silverado excab, 4.3lr engine, Keeps kicking over to limp mode... We've been though it changed the spark plugs, rotor, distributor, and wires. So far it keeps throwing codes for the mass air flow sensor, we replaced that and still same problem, it kicks over to limp mode when it warms up. So far it just doesn't have any power, and runs like ass! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Chitwood

My 03 did that one day on me. i took it to the dealer and it had something to do with the throtle pedal switch. so while they fixed it is when i went to the show room and found my SSS. 4 days later i was driving it insted.

Man, that's a plugged cat. My truck did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I cut the exhaust, gutted the cat and it ran just fine to the exhaust shop. No limp mode since. Warm the truck up and when it goes into limp mode, crawl under thetruck and see if the pipe behind one of the cats is cooler to the touch. That is the offending cat.