Earl's Brake Line Kit

Hankg42

Yesterday I had Baer Alumasport brakes installed. I also used Earl's Hyperfirm Brake Line Kit (Stainless Steel Braided) part # EAR-28A640ERL. It seems that there is a danger of the front lines being pulled a bit from their bracket when the front wheels are fully turned, and that they may rub on the front rims (20"). Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks.

Sounds odd. Were they installed correctly, and did you double check the length against the stock line?

To my knowledge, they were installed the same way the stock lines were. I did not do the installation. The tech that did the installation was very thorough. He said there was only about 1/8" of clearance. I plan to get under the truck tomorrow to have a look, but I was curious if anyone had had any experierience like this. Thanks.

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

Might have mixed the rears up with the fronts? I had the same, alumasport and earls lines on my truck, they fronts were actually a touch longer than stock.

Like I said, this guy is pretty thorough, so I doubt he would have mixed them up. But you never know. Did you have the same part #? I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

Yeah the Earl's kit is not very generous with the length of the lines, however there is *just* enough to make it work right and I remember that I had to do some adjusting/finagling to get it installed and make sure nothing rubbed. Clearance - you want 1/4" at least, I am not following where you say it is close to rubbing, I would need to see a pic...

Mr. P. :)

Yeah the Earl's kit is not very generous with the length of the lines, however there is *just* enough to make it work right and I remember that I had to do some adjusting/finagling to get it installed and make sure nothing rubbed. Clearance - you want 1/4" at least, I am not following where you say it is close to rubbing, I would need to see a pic...

Mr. P. :)

I haven't been under the truck yet. I won't have a chance to actually see it until tomorrow. I'm going by what the guy told me. Maybe it's not as bad as he thinks? I'll try to get a picture if it looks like it will be a problem.