help

zelk

I might be showing my age here :D but I seem to recall that you only needed to manually adjust the really old drum brakes. The "newer" ones (like my 64 Impala) have a ratchet that is activated when braking hard, while traveling backwards.

I might be showing my age here :D but I seem to recall that you only needed to manually adjust the really old drum brakes. The "newer" ones (like my 64 Impala) have a ratchet that is activated when braking hard, while traveling backwards.

yes, that is true, but if they are really out of adjustment, then you need to "manually" adjust them yourself. and that would be a lot of "backing up." :lol::lol:

Yes, that is right, it is all coming back to me now. :eek: I am forgetting just how much maintanance was involved in using my 64 Impala as a daily driver, back in the 80's. It used to have drums on all 4 wheels. Had to change the points every 10-12K miles too. Youngsters probably don't even know what points are, anymore :lol:

Yes, that is right, it is all coming back to me now. :eek: I am forgetting just how much maintanance was involved in using my 64 Impala as a daily driver, back in the 80's. It used to have drums on all 4 wheels. Had to change the points every 10-12K miles too. Youngsters probably don't even know what points are, anymore :lol:

Archived