Got A New Shirt

Quik

nice but my question on thta one is when did they put muscle in a 3rd gen

Hey hey now... I love my '82 third gen! I was one of the few (official) Pace Cars! It came with a 5 speed and a 5.7L, although that motor is long gone now... It's due for a ground up, and I've got some serious cash going into it...

Nothing beats cruising through the streets in the summer with the t-tops off, the bumps going, a couple girls, and a nice throaty exhaust...

Hey hey now... I love my '82 third gen! I was one of the few (official) Pace Cars! It came with a 5 speed and a 5.7L, although that motor is long gone now... It's due for a ground up, and I've got some serious cash going into it...

Nothing beats cruising through the streets in the summer with the t-tops off, the bumps going, a couple girls, and a nice throaty exhaust...

WHAT?????????? only the firehawk was a manual with a 5.7 from what i understood

i had an 82 berlinetta. bought it to learn how to drive a stick. big pos but i can say i had a mullet ride. i liked my 82 boosted regal better

Edited by Quik (see edit history)

WHAT?????????? only the firehawk was a manual with a 5.7 from what i understood

i had an 82 berlinetta. bought it to learn how to drive a stick. big pos but i can say i had a mullet ride. i liked my 82 boosted regal better

Well, let me clarify this before it gets out of hand and people start screaming "liar" at me:

It's a 1982 Third-Gen, official pace-car replica. I am not claiming to own one of the 2 ACTUAL pace cars.

I don't know too much history on this car beyond what I was told by the guy I bought it from: Of the ~3600ish replicas produced, about 50 of them were dealer modified to be "clones" of the actual pace car. This was basically a 5.7 swap. However, the actual pace cars had 3 speed autos, which was not the most desireable thing for the sportier motor, so a few of them were fitted with 5 speeds (the T-5).

Sounds like BS, however I had my VIN# run and it comes back to a 305 w/ a T-5... So a dealer installed 5.7 would have been totally feasable...

Not that it matters much now, because I've got an old plow truck motor in there currently, in place of a couple of motors that exploded on me, and hopefully I'll have something nice and built-up in there...

PS: :lol: Sorry for thread jacking! :rolleyes:

Well, let me clarify this before it gets out of hand and people start screaming "liar" at me:

It's a 1982 Third-Gen, official pace-car replica. I am not claiming to own one of the 2 ACTUAL pace cars.

I don't know too much history on this car beyond what I was told by the guy I bought it from: Of the ~3600ish replicas produced, about 50 of them were dealer modified to be "clones" of the actual pace car. This was basically a 5.7 swap. However, the actual pace cars had 3 speed autos, which was not the most desireable thing for the sportier motor, so a few of them were fitted with 5 speeds (the T-5).

Sounds like BS, however I had my VIN# run and it comes back to a 305 w/ a T-5... So a dealer installed 5.7 would have been totally feasable...

Not that it matters much now, because I've got an old plow truck motor in there currently, in place of a couple of motors that exploded on me, and hopefully I'll have something nice and built-up in there...

PS: :lol: Sorry for thread jacking! :rolleyes:

its fine. its a thread of a shirt so it cant go offtopic. i like the TTA pace car but hate the interior color. been a fan of boosted GMs back then and glad im able to come back. I wasnt smart enough to know things about teh first boosted car i had but that was also 12yrs ago